View All Vacancies
Aston University Main Campus
£33,078 to £35,839
Grade: Campus Safety Officer G06 from May 2020
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Monday 12 June 2023
Monday 03 July 2023
Release Date: Monday 22 May 2023
Aston University is looking for a Campus Safety Officer (security) to join our team. Your role is to protect users of the University, as well as prevent damage to or loss of University property. To ensure as far as possible that the Aston University Campus is a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors.
Directed by the Head of Security, through Security Operations Manager and / or Team Leader (shift supervisor), you will be working a shift pattern of 4 on 4 off 24 hours 356 days a year, Days and Nights
- Take appropriate action in all cases of emergency
- Respond to welfare, support and safe guarding issues
- To carry out patrols duties, both indoors and outdoors of a large central city campus
- To challenge unauthorised access or exit attempts, recording details and referring alleged offenders for action if necessary
- To support in all areas of Control Room duties, including CCTV monitoring systems when control room officer is it on duty and in line with current legislation.
- Engage with staff, students and visitors promoting the safe and secure University environment.
This post requires an enhanced DBS check.
Anonymous shortlisting will be carried out for this role as part of Aston University’s commitment to equality and diversity and ensuring a fair and consistent approach to recruitment. Personal details that are included on application forms, including the candidate’s name and address will not be disclosed to the shortlisting panel. CVs will not be considered as part of the shortlisting process.
Aston University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. It promotes equality and diversity in all aspects of its work. We strive to have robust inclusivity strategies in place, including race and sexual orientation, to encourage colleagues to have the confidence and freedom to be themselves in the workplace. For more information, visit: https://www2.aston.ac.uk/about/inclusive-aston
If you require the job details document or an application form in an alternative format please contact the recruitment team at [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.