Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Action Against Hunger’s Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Head of Department plays a key role in overseeing the quality, relevance and implementation of the FSL program. Reporting directly to the Deputy Country Director and liaising closely with regional and global technical advisors, the FSL Head of Department will oversee a diverse portfolio of social protection, employability and agriculture programs. The position based in Amman with periodic travel to Action Against Hunger’s field offices and project sites.
More precisely, your missions will be :
– Contribute to defining the country startegy as well as the strategy and positioning of the FSL department
– Coordinate the identification of needs and formulation of project proposals
– Technically oversee the implementation of programmes / projects ensuring quality of all FSL interventions
– Ensure the active participation of Action Against Hunger in national sectoral coordination and technical forums and develop sectoral partnerships
– Team management
– Promote capturing and use of learning, technical development, and research within the FSL Department
You hold a master’s degree or equivalent in economics, international development or related complemented by significant experience in resilience / livelihood.You have previous experience in a similar role with good experience in areas of technical focus: graduation approach, value chain development, private sector.You demonstrate a high capacity communicator with strong representation skills and proven proposal writing and program development capacity.You are also well known for your strong organization skills, attention to detail, and your positive and resilient attitude.You are able to maintain a field focus and be responsive to what is needed to support quality implementation.Having experiences in the Middle East is a plus.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 9 months fixed term contract under French legislation or Jordan legislation
– Remuneration package and competitive benefits
– Application deadline until March, 24.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here