University of Toronto
Date Posted: 11/17/2023
Req ID: 35009
School/Division: UofT Mississauga
Division: UTM: Accessibility Providers
Campus: College of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)
Place Quantity: 00050494
U of T Mississauga—the second largest campus of Canada’s top-ranked college and the one analysis college in Ontario’s booming Peel Area—is likely one of the world’s nice catalysts of human potential.
Our worker group hums with the vitality of three,400 college, librarians and employees, who energy our campus with curiosity, connection and care. We work collectively to spark life-changing analysis and innovation, make an indelible mark on the world by constructing equitable cities and societies, allow wholesome lives, create a sustainable future and ignite entrepreneurship. Above all, we prioritize pupil success, and search to present our 16,500 college students the present of a lifetime by studying and discovery. We like to open alternatives accessible nowhere else for our group to realize their ambitions and make their distinctive contributions to Canada and the world.
This work all comes collectively on a spectacularly inexperienced campus, alongside the Missinihe-ziibi (Trusting Creek or Credit score River), the place we search to honour reality, reciprocity and reconciliation on the standard land of the Huron-Wendat, Seneca and the Mississaugas of the Credit score First Nation. We’re thrilled to welcome those that need to study extra about us and to be a part of what we do.
Accessibility Providers offers educational lodging and providers for college students with disabilities
and promotes a completely built-in college expertise by guaranteeing that college students have the
alternative to entry and take part in all areas of pupil life. In partnership with a wide range of
Pupil Affairs and Tutorial departments, Accessibility Providers offers complete
programming all through every pupil’s college profession to foster higher resiliency and promote
the event of information and expertise which are transferrable to their future objectives.
Utilizing a holistic method, you’ll work with an ethno-culturally and academically various pupil inhabitants performing an evaluation of scholars’ wants primarily associated to psychological well being and Autism Spectrum Issues with co-morbid circumstances, be sure that applicable documentation hasbeen obtained, evaluation and assess confidential medical/psychological documentation; assess, plan, implement, consider and adapt lodging primarily based on the coed’s particular person disability-related wants; help the scholars in self-monitoringthe effectiveness of lodging; make referrals to inside and exterior helps as applicable. As well as, you’ll facilitate the coed’s data about their incapacity, addressing the strengths and challenges the incapacity brings to their educational
pursuits and each day life actions; decide if assistive know-how would help the coed,referring when required; assess, advocate, and supply applicable documentation to assist the usage of funding for disability-related bills.
Your tasks will embody:
- Making use of the established Ontario Human Rights Fee (OHRC) Pointers on Accessible Schooling (2004) to find out affordable lodging
- Researching and recommending different approaches and doable lodging options as a part of the obligation to accommodate
- Creating, implementing and monitoring lodging plans for college students primarily based ontheir studying profile and documentation (e.g. reviewing and deciphering psychoeducationalassessments and medical documentation)
- Reviewing and approving incapacity associated instructional bills by the OSAP Bursary for College students with Disabilities (BSWD)
- Offering case administration assist to college students requiring the coordination of a number of providers
- Figuring out the reasonability of an lodging in relation to a pupil’s incapacity
- Counselling college students on well being points associated to their studying and the results of their incapacity
- Screening (for psychological well being) and making referrals to applicable assets and providers
- Grasp’s diploma in counselling/psychotherapy or social work and/or equal
mixture of training and expertise.
- Minimal 4 years of case administration expertise working with adults with mentalhealth disabilities and Autism Spectrum Issues.
- Three years of expertise coping with individuals inemotional misery or battle.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing incapacity associated wants.
- Expertise in creating, implementing and monitoring lodging plans for personswith disabilities and possessing an intensive understanding of incapacity points.
- An understanding of incapacity and social fairness points within the post-secondary setting.
- Laptop fluency (e.g. Microsoft Phrase; Excel).
- Wonderful studying, oral and written communication expertise.
- Crucial considering and interpersonal expertise.
- Should have a dedication to the rules of fairness and inclusion and have the ability todemonstrate an understanding of the implications of disabilities as they relate to astudent’s success at college and in a broader context.
- Should perceive the strengths and challenges of adults with disabilities and haveknowledge of cultural views of incapacity.
- Potential to train initiative, tact, discretion, drawback fixing expertise and to work underpressure to fulfill deadlines.
- Potential to reply calmly and effectively in disaster conditions.
- Demonstrated potential to synthesize data and show sound judgment, consideration todetail and a excessive diploma of accuracy.
- Potential to work successfully each independently and inside an inter-disciplinary teamenvironment.
- Educated about normal educational construction of a College and the specificrequirements of educational programs and applications.
- Submit-secondary setting expertise is most well-liked.
- Expertise with peer and assist teams
To achieve success on this position you’ll be:
- Drawback solver
Closing Date: 11/28/2023, 11:59PM ET
Worker Group: USW
Appointment Kind: Funds – Time period
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:45 am to five:00 pm
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 13 — $83,150 with an annual step development to a most of $106,336. Pay scale and job class task is topic to dedication pursuant to the Job Analysis/Pay Fairness Upkeep Protocol.
Job Class: Pupil Providers
Recruiter: Jessica Halteh
Lived Expertise Assertion
Candidates who’re members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, individuals with disabilities, and different fairness deserving teams are inspired to use, and their lived expertise shall be considered as relevant to the posted place.
This position is at present eligible for a hybrid work association, pursuant to College insurance policies and pointers, together with however not restricted to the College of Toronto’s Different Work Preparations Guideline
This place is a 2 12 months time period, ending January 2026
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this posting.