Account Director (Nature)
Salary: £50,000 – £65,000
Holiday: 25 days’ holidays, bank holidays and 3 cause days for voluntary
Reporting to: Managing Director
Location: Home working and London office (Soho)
Contract: Full time
Closing date: Friday 23rd June
To apply for this job please submit your CV and a short cover letter to Tatiana Yates [email protected]. Please get
in touch with any questions in advance of submitting your application.
We’re an award-winning team specialising in public affairs, strategy and communications. We
help pioneering organisations advocate for positive environmental action in the transition to a
net zero and nature positive world, delivering impactful campaigns, providing insightful policy
advice and building collaborative relationships.
We work across a wide range of topics including nature and ocean conservation, energy and clean
tech, and sustainability, providing evidence-based and results-driven solutions to create
positive change. Dedicated to our clients, passionate about our impact and thoughtful about our
approach, we are a close-knit team with strong connections across government, civil society and
About the role
This role is well suited to a skilled communicator with prior experience of working on
biodiversity and nature projects and campaigns. You have an existing network in the environment
sector and previous experience of engaging with policy makers. You are dynamic and
entrepreneurial, energised by building relationships and securing new business opportunities.
You will lead our work on nature (including marine) conservation, designing and implementing
campaigns for Seahorse’s NGO and corporate clients. You will play an active part in the general
leadership of the company, supporting the Board Directors in the setting and achieving of
strategic ambitions, as well as mentoring and managing more junior colleagues.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the
environment and communication sectors.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to take initiative, think strategically and lead client accounts
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and guide account teams to deliver to the
- An active network of relationships that embraces political, business, NGO and creative
- Ability to be agile and proactive: excellent prioritisation skills for client service, team
management and capacity planning
- Previous experience of planning and delivering PR and political campaigns with an
environmental focus, either in agency or in house
- Eagerness to create and pursue new business opportunities
- Passion for and understanding of the nature and biodiversity landscape in the UK and
- Demonstrable understanding of the science and evidence underpinning environmental policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working on ocean conservation campaigns
- Media and PR experience
- Experience of working on international briefs
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.