University of Oklahoma
: Research Financial Services
: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm
Salary Range: Targeted salary $51,500 depending on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: None
- Provides accounting services such as account reconciliation, statement preparation, account monitoring, data maintenance, report preparation, technical assistance, financial assistance, budget assistance, quality assurance, and payroll coordination.
- Creates the award within the financial system in compliance with the contract and sponsor guidelines.
- Prepares invoices and financial reports for sponsored awards and monitors accounts receivables.
- Closes out sponsored awards including account reconciliation and compliance analysis.
- Reviews cost transfers initiated in the departments ensuring compliance with award specifications.
- Communicates with awarding agencies, faculty, and departmental business representatives using a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required to ensure the overall successful operation of the department.
Required Education: Bachelor’s of Science or Bachelor’s of Arts Degree and a minimum of 18 hours of accounting coursework.
- Knowledge of Accounting principles, practices, methods, and terminology
- Computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to choose the right mathematical method or formula to solve a problem
- Ability to collect and organize accounting data, interpret the significance, and prepare accurate financial reports
- Ability to solve accounting and related financial problems
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Sitting for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity. Able to communicate effectively.
- Standard office environment.
- ERP Financial Software
- Knowledge of federal agency regulations, policies and procedures, uniform guidance, laws and federal acquisition regulations applicable to sponsored programs
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing .
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person’s unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?– Yes
Special Indications: None
: May 25, 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.