University of Tasmania
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
- Participate and provide insights in projects to improve financial management capabilities and service delivery.
As an Accountant within Financial Services, you will have a critical role in building financial sustainability. You will have a strong focus on the delivery of financial services and requirements to provide professional advice, guidance, support and solutions for the College of Health and Medicine, including the Menzies Institute.
- Ensure the provision of timely and professional finance expertise, advice and support to the Budget Centre.
- Support and advise stakeholders with research project expenditure, and account coding and preparation of journals.
- Monitor and provide support and advice on finance and budget performances in College, Schools and Institutes.
- Prepare and execute budgets, forecasts, reporting and business processes with CoHM.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of a relevant Degree and/or extensive relevant work experience.
- Proven financial, analytical and commercial skills.
- The ability to analyse and report on information extracted from databases and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work to tight time frames often with conflicting deadlines, and to progress projects to completion and to assess and evaluate the project impacts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise with budget centre owners and work in a flexible and collaborative manner.
- Proficient in the use of Finance systems (predominately TechnologyOne).
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $107,061 comprising base salary within the range of $84,386 to $91,505 plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the attached Position Description below for full details.
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Christopher Russell, Finance Business Partner – CoHM, [email protected]
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Friday, 3 March 2023, 11.55pm
Position Description – 498405 – Accountant.pdf
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised:17 Feb 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close:03 Mar 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.