United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT)
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Sr. Resources Management Officer (SRMO) and the direct supervision of the National Accounts Payable Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the accounting and finance functions of the Manila (Global) Administrative Centre which primarily involve the Liability and Expense accounts.
- Review payment requests in the Online Invoice Payable Application and the necessary accounting entries in the ERP/accounting system. Ensure the following:
- claims are valid, specifically that services/goods have been rendered/received, except for advance payments
- supporting documents are complete, valid and approved.
- values are accurate and missing information, if any, are obtained from concerned units or staff members
- account code(s) and/or WBS are accurately assigned.
- Process Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) advance and Travel Expense Claim (TEC) settlement. Record and clear staff vendor account in SAP.
- Monitor Staff Travel related TORs, to ensure timely ticket updates in IGator,and reconcile the charging in SAP (PRISM). Perform quarterly follow-ups of outstanding air ticket refunds, and related charging to WBS codes upon clearing.
- Record asset entries in SAP which include blocking, deletion, transfer and acquisition.
- Validate petty cash fund liquidation/replenishment for MAC units at least every month-end, and encode the entries in SAP including related Staff Vendor Account clearings.
- Assist in maintaining and reconciling telecommunication accounts (Globe, Smart, PLDT) to achieve correct billings.
- Assist in routing RFPs to the approving signatories and once approved, endorsement to the relevant receiving units.
- Perform monthly closing of the books which include bank reconciliation, review, follow-up and/or coordinate old outstanding vendor items with concerned staff/unit. Recording of monthly amortization, adjusting/reclassifying entries and review/clear general ledger suspense accounts.
- Assist in the monitoring of Materials Management and Assets in SAP (PRISM), and coordinate with colleagues to resolve long outstanding open items and issues.
- Coordinate with Sr. Accountant/Finance Assistant any updates in vendor details specifically in bank details to ensure correctness of payments/wire transfers.
- Attend to payment inquiries and reconcile supplier/vendor accounts, as necessary.
- Maintain an organized, systematic and digitized filing of RFPs/documents on a monthly basis.
- Scan/photocopy vouchers and its supporting documents as requested by other missions or departments.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with two (2) years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the field of accounting or finance, audit experience would be an advantage; or
- Completed High School Degree from an accredited academic institution, with four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in accounting and auditing.
- High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Excel application.
- Working knowledge in SAP.
- Experience in the UN system or international/multicultural environment an advantage.
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze financial information and accounting entries, examine documentation and reconcile discrepancies.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Interested applicants may send their applications to [email protected] no later than 09 June 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 096/2023 – Accounting)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, a duly-accomplished IOM Personal History Form, and a résumé highlighting education and experience relative to the above qualifications.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that this position is subject to funding availability.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.