RocketRez is a Series B venture-backed company offering an all-in-one cloud platform behind some of the fastest growing tours & attractions. Our platform connects data from every facet of our customers’ businesses to help them manage their revenue like never before. If you’re passionate about people, technology solutions, travel, and ideally exciting attractions, this just may be the career opportunity for you!
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to be part of our Finance & Accounting team, our financial wizzes who manage our financial data. In this role you will report to the CFO and be responsible to lead the accounting team and ensure that the financial reporting is complete, accurate, and delivered on a timely basis. To be successful in this role you must be extremely detail oriented, possess excellent technical accounting abilities and be a collaborative team player.
- Responsible for preparing the monthly consolidated financials (US GAAP) and supporting schedules.
- Supervise and lead the accounting team (i.e., AR and AP personnel).
- Oversee daily accounting operations and full-cycle accounting.
- Direct financial audit and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Provide technical accounting guidance, as required.
- Support the FP&A Manager in preparing the comprehensive monthly reporting package, for management and external stakeholders, with management discussion and analysis (MD&A).
- Oversee payroll for Canadian and US staff.
- Work closely with the People & Culture Manager for payroll and benefits administration.
- Coordinate the tax compliance for income/sales taxes in Canada/USA.
- Implement appropriate processes to comply with tax requirements.
- Design and document accounting processes (O2C, P2P, etc.).
- Design and implement internal controls required for effective and accurate reporting.
- Support the ERP system implementation.
- Identifying ways to streamline processes and drive efficiencies in the pursuit of continuous improvement and better overall performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA, ideally with related experience at a SAAS company.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experienced in assessing and implementing internal controls.
- Focused, agile, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, high-energy individual with the ability to influence others.
Benefits of joining us
- Medical, Dental and vision coverage
- Hybrid work
RocketRez is a global technology company that has just raised its Series B funding and is soon to open a second office in Winnipeg. The company provides all-in-one-solutions for the Travel, Tour, and Attractions industry. With clients ranging from Ferry and Passenger Vessels to Zoos, Aquariums, and other tourist attractions, we are a market leader in timed ticketing, point-of-sale, inventory management and scheduling.
Our customizable platform accommodates seat assignments, social distancing, touchless ticketing, and timed entry. Our customers love the product because no other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as RocketRez’s.
As a culture, we value people above all – from our employees to our customers to our business partners. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, value intellectual curiosity, excellence, and want to be part of a collaborative team, we are the place for you!
RocketRez is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants or candidates based on any prohibited ground of discrimination. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the recruitment process, don’t hesitate to advise. With an equal opportunity focus, we encourage any and all applicants interested in an open role at RocketRez to apply regardless of satisfying every bullet point listed in a posting!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in STEINBACH, MB
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.