University of Houston - Clear Lake
The Accounting Technician is responsible for auditing travel expense reports and creating travel vouchers for reimbursement. Timely processing of invoices to make accurate payments to vendors in Peoplesoft. Reconciliation of centrally billed credit accounts (Airfare and Travel) and creating vouchers for payment. Review and audit P-card transactions for accuracy & complete documentation to make credit card payments to vendors and to ensure transactions are in accordance with University and State of Texas rules and regulations. Process all SCR Batches for UHCL (Service Center Batches) electronically to record and post inter-dept transfers (IDT).
- Reviews and audits all p-card transactions for the university and verifies all required documentation is uploaded, ensuring transactions comply with policies and regulations through independent review.
- Reconciliations of centrally billed accounts (CBA) to university records, credit card billing, and other records that apply.
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, prospective employee candidates, and guests regarding all aspects of university travel (domestic and international).
- Processes invoices from UHCL purchase orders, check encumbrances, and cost centers account numbers before entering into the workflow, both state and local invoices.
- Reviews and audits travel expense reports and other supporting documents on a travel authorization to ensure compliance.
- Procures receiving reports by contacting staff in various University departments by emailing the request as well as coordinating with the receiving dock.
- Processes all SCR Batches (Service Center Batches) electronically to record and post inter-departmental transfers (IDT), then reviews the next day after posting for errors.
- Processes departmental requests via Encumbrance adjustment forms by releasing, adjusting, finalizing, or canceling Travel Purchase orders.
- Researches accounting questions and other questions from University staff seeking guidance or solutions to problems or error transactions, and performs all other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Minimum three years of clerical, bookkeeping, financial, and accounting experience including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Knowledge of accounting practices and accounts payable processes.
4. Knowledge of State of Texas policies and procedures.
5. Must have excellent customer service skills.
6. Ability to handle interruptions and remain calm under stressful conditions as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
7. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Associate’s degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field.
Experience with PeopleSoft.
Accounting experience with a State Agency.
Knowledge and experience with the travel industry.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume
Notes to Applicant:
Full-time position with benefits. Background check required. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a resume. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
Salary: $17.46 – $19.21 per hour
: C0130 Accounts Payable
: Mar 15, 2023, 4:45:49 PM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.