Reports to: Manager, Financial Accounting.
The Accounts Associate reports to the Manager, of Financial Accounting. H/shes’ responsibility entails recording, verifying, processing, and paying vendor invoices accurately and promptly. H/She would also be responsible for the preparation of customer invoices and undertake any other administrative and clerical support to the Finance & Accounts unit.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Disburse, maintain, and monitor petty cash and float for petty expenses.
- Preparation and posting of payment vouchers, retirement vouchers & refund vouchers into QuickBooks.
- Reconciliation of creditors’ and debtors’ accounts on QuickBooks (accounting software) and posting supplier and consultant invoices on QuickBooks
- Managing supplier and consultant invoice records on SharePoint.
- Preparation of payment schedules and upload on the banking portal.
- Preparation of invoices to customers
Qualifications and Person Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance-related field.
- Interested candidates should have 2 – 4 years of working experience as an Account Officer/Assistant.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, QuickBooks, etc) is compulsory.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities, organize work to meet objectives, and identify and deal with problems.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external parties and internal colleagues.
- ICAN or ACCA qualification would be an added advantage.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should click here to apply on or before the 23rd of May, 2023. Applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com