University of Hertfordshire
Post Title: Acquisition Marketing Executive
SBU/Department: Marketing and Communications
FTE: 1 FTE (working 37 hours per week)
Duration of Contract: Permanent
Salary: UH6 £29,619 pa to £32,348 pa with potential to progress to £35,333 pa on achieving designated skills and experience
Annual Leave: 25 days plus standard public holidays and an additional 4 days including the closure of our office between Christmas and New Year.
Location: Hybrid – two days a week on campus in our MacLaurin Building, Hatfield, Hertfordshire and three days at home.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the acquisition team at the University of Hertfordshire, supporting paid and website campaigns designed to raise awareness of the University, engage prospective students and ensure they have a frictionless journey from awareness through to applying to studying at Herts. The team sits as part UK student recruitment within the wider Marketing and Communications department.
At Herts, we aim to offer flexibility when it comes to your working environment, and so you can expect to enjoy hybrid working (with 3 work-from-home days and 2 in-office days).
Main duties and responsibilities
You will join a driven, friendly and welcoming team, and play an important role in enabling the University to achieve its ambitious UK undergraduate and postgraduate student recruitment targets.
Your role will involve a wide range of marketing activity and reporting on its effectiveness. Key focuses for the role include:
- creating awareness and engagement with prospective students
- working closely with the Insight, Digital and Communications teams to deliver and report on integrated, content-driven campaigns
- an understanding of our customer digital journey, using digital metrics to make recommendations for optimisation
- collaboration with external agencies, and in-house creative and digital teams to produce inspiring and engaging content which ensures a frictionless journey for prospects.
- accountability for external listing sites, including university brand profiles and advertising recruitment events
Skills and experience required
You will be required to have a broad general understanding of marketing tactics and techniques, with a particular focus on digital. Experience of delivering (or supporting delivery) of effective paid digital marketing campaigns is essential, and this should include writing briefs, liaising with agencies / internal stakeholders and website content optimisation.
You should also have:
- experience of working with digital metrics and reporting on the success of marketing activity
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with copywriting (for web), editing and proofreading skills across both web and print
- a passion for being organised and working to multiple project deadlines
the ability to work as a team and independently.
Minimum of a degree (or equivalent qualification) or proven professional work experience.
The University is required to meet UKVI visa regulations. Applicants who do not currently have the right to work in the UK will have to satisfy UKVI regulations before they can be appointed.
Please view the job description and person specification for a full list of the duties and essential criteria.Please attach a personal statement showing clearly how your skills and experience match the Person Specification.
Contact Details/Informal Enquiries: Chris Dunks – Acquisition Marketing Manager – [email protected].
Closing Date: 11 July 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Reference Number: 051455
Date advert placed: 16 June 2023
Our vision is to transform lives: UH is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and building a diverse community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their protected characteristics and recognise there are different ways applicants may achieve the criteria in this document. We offer a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave, flexible location opportunities within the UK, discounted Sports Village memberships and free Active Staff sessions, personal and professional development and family-friendly policies. #GoHerts
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.