Capella University offers two learning formats, FlexPath and GuidedPath, to provide a flexible and affordable way for working professionals to earn a degree designed to fit into their life.
Our GuidedPath learning format offers asynchronous 10-week courses, with 3 weeks in between each quarter for faculty to grade and prepare for the next quarter. Learners have deadlines to stay on track to review materials, understand topics, and develop consistent study habits. Faculty help learners progress by guiding courseroom discussions and providing feedback on assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assignments are on an as-needed basis according to expertise and school needs.
- Utilize your professional expertise to provide high-quality instruction from a pre-designed curriculum.
- Mentor doctoral learners and participate in doctoral committees. Utilize your professional expertise to provide relevant feedback and ensure successful completion.
- Be available within 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) by phone, email, and in the courseroom to ensure learners receive quality feedback in a timely manner to support their academic success.
- Travel within the US to participate in doctoral residencies.
- Utilize the online learning platform to enrich the learning experience.
- Establish high standards and ensure learners understand how they will be evaluated.
- Adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Attend faculty meetings, workshops, and training as required.
- Participate in other activities based on university needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic evaluation.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the University.
- Proficiency in oral presentation skills, planning, and organizing of course objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic technology.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner.
- Three years of teaching experience is preferred.
- Professional experience in the discipline with a minimum of two years required for undergraduate level and three years required for graduate level.
- Research, scholarship, or achievement in the discipline required for graduate level; in addition at the doctoral level, experience with how to conduct and oversee research in the discipline required.
- Working familiarity with SAS, R, and Python.
All degrees must be conferred and from a regionally accredited institution. Copies of required certificates and licenses and unofficial transcripts for all graduate degrees with the institution and conferred degree and date must be attached.
- MS in a related degree program required
- Doctoral degree preferred
- In lieu of discipline credentials, five years of professional industry experience is required, including two years of experience in the course subjects being taught. Industry certification in course subjects taught may be substituted for the two-year experience requirement.
Certificates, licenses, and registrations:
- Related industry certifications are preferred
The School of Business, Technology, and Health Care Administration at Capella University believes a diverse learning community is vital to achieving our mission of extending access to higher education. We believe that attracting, engaging, and supporting diverse learners, faculty, and staff strengthens our university. Capella values the human potential and is committed to being an inclusive and culturally competent institution. Capella strives to promote equity within and beyond our community through intentional actions and a transformative exchange of ideas.
- Must be able to travel occasionally within the US should a business need arise (including doctoral residencies, site visits, etc.). For most programs travel would not be common. Travel may involve a plane, car, or metro. In accordance with ADA policies, reasonable accommodations regarding travel limitations can be provided.
- The ability to work onsite in a Corporate or Campus location (in a typical office environment) may be required based on the role. If so, this would include being mobile within the office, including movement from floor to floor using elevators or stairs.
- Faculty and Federal Work Study roles require access to work in a setting that enables meeting all requirements of the role (including computer, privacy, reliable internet access, phone, ability to video conference, etc.) at a remote location.
- This role may require lifting, however, reasonable accommodations will be provided in accordance with our ADA policies.
- Must be able to meet critical thinking and problem-solving aspects aligned to job duties, as well as effectively communicating with co-workers.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs a warrant. Accommodations related to the schedule may be considered.
- Able to access information using a computer.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.