Gateway Mountain Center
Mar 21, 2022
JOB TITLE: Administrative Director
DEPARTMENT: General, all programs (Whole Hearts, Minds & Bodies / 4Roots Wellness / Sierra
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
GATEWAY MOUNTAIN CENTER’S MISSION
Our mission is to transform the lives of youth from all backgrounds using nature-based experiences and wellness adventures that reconnect them with self, nature and community.
We do this through high-impact, nature-based learning and innovative, non-traditional therapeutic approaches to mental health and wellness. As an innovator in youth development, we operate three programs: Whole Hearts, Minds & Bodies; Sierra Experience; and 4Roots Wellness. Since 2006, we have served over 25,000 young people.
The Administrative Director has a critical supporting role from the office in the overall mission to improve youth mental health. By maintaining the organization’s sound financial and staffing building blocks, the holder of this position will provide a firm foundation for GMC’s efforts in support of youth in the Truckee-Tahoe region and beyond. More broadly, they will also be contributing to the development and implementation of cutting-edge programs with potential application to the public health system at large.
Full time. This position offers a flexible schedule and combined remote and in-office hours, with a minimum of 24 hours per week in the office unless otherwise approved. As public health conditions change and GMC’s Youth Wellness Center reopens, some limited, specific office hours in the adjacent office-unit as part of the on-site team may be required.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
The Administrative Director will play a critical role in partnering with senior leadership in both strategic decision making and operations of Gateway Mountain Center, to enhance and expand quality programming, build organizational capacity and—in collaboration with the Executive Director — implementing systems and frameworks for more effective and cost-effective operations. The AD will be a hands-on manager supporting the areas of finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources and administration.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
● Financial management: Weekly/monthly reports; daily bookkeeping; communicating with Board of Directors for budgeting and cash flow management/analysis; interacting with program funders; developing systems to meet requirements of all external partners, consultants and vendors; compliance reporting on various items including non-profit status, bill payment, payroll, payroll tax documents (1099s and W4s), donation tracking and county and Medi-CAL cost reports.
● Human resources: Managing Gateway’s human resources and administration; enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits; helping ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Outreach to stakeholders on administrative matters. Other administrative duties include workers’ compensation reporting, risk management tracking, personnel certification tracking, overseeing facility maintenance/regulations, tracking insurance requirements and payments, and keeping minutes for board meetings.
( Key areas of responsibility are subject to future revision.)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Technologically savvy, with experience in database software, financial accounting tools (including Quickbooks Desktop) and basic office programs. A multi-tasker who is proficient at setting priorities; has keen analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, and excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
● Customer service skills and phone availability
● Reporting and documenting filing expertise.
● Willingness to first quickly learn Medi-Cal cost reporting.
● Strong attention to detail, and ability to work independently and efficiently
● Strong computer skills
- Competence with Google Drive operations, Docs and Sheets
- Familiarity with or willingness to quickly learn Asana project management too
● Clean record: LiveScan/DMV
● Ability to track reporting due dates and consistently meet those deadlines
● A range of “soft skills,” including:
- Anticipation of upcoming challenges
- Thoughtful contemplation of sequencing in execution of the above-mentioned tasks: Ability to plan and execute multistep processes and repeat them efficiently and in timely fashion
- High tolerance for fluid, fast-paced, intense deadline environments
- Tolerance for challenging interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Past and future interest in the non-profit space
- Bilingual Spanish speaking
- Grant Management Accounting Experience
- Non-profit Management Experience
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
● Five years of overall professional experience, including broad financial oversight and management experience. Office management experience.
● $60,000–$70,000, based on experience
● Paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We adhere to local requirements to maintain a safe working environment.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Truckee, CA 96161: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.