The University of Southampton
Contract and Supplier Management
1 Guildhall Square
£15.85 per hour
Sunday 19 March 2023
To be confirmed
27TH March 2023 (TBC)
26th June 2023
1 Guildhall Square
35 Hours per week (Mon-Fri) – Hybrid working is expected, 1 day a week in Office but mostly remote/home based.
To ensure the comprehensive, effective and efficient co-ordination of iSolutions Contract and Supplier Management and associated processes. To support the team manager in improving processes, creating process maps and guides tracking commercial governance and spend and driving compliance to help achieve the University’s vision through detailed, specialist advice.
- To design and implement the support processes required to deliver an effective Contract & Supplier Management function. To research and perform detailed analysis, manipulation and interpretation of specialised data to provide information to key stakeholders.
- To improve Contract & Supplier Management procedures and processes continually, ensuring they are fit for purpose and maximise efficiency. To make recommendations for improvements and implement the agreed change.
- To create, manage and maintain data systems, including an intranet content, that support the delivery of the Contract & Supplier Management function. To ensure data is correctly managed and updated.
- To support the regular operational functions of the Contract & Supplier Management team including highlight reporting, financial reporting, purchasing requests and contract management. To track contracts through the lifecycle, including assignment and closure.
- To provide confidential secretarial/P.A. services to senior manager(s) where required, including the co-ordination of diaries, arranging and servicing meetings, filtering problems and enquiries, drafting and issue of documentation, organisation of events and attending meetings on behalf of the manager as appropriate.
- To organise and support events, ensuring all activities are run efficiently by co-ordinating diaries, booking venues, and supplying relevant information.
- Any other duties as allocated by the line manager following consultation with the post holder.
- Able to apply a comprehensive understanding of relevant University systems and procedures and procedures, and an awareness of activities in the broader work area.
- Ability to accurately analyse and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative data, presenting summary information in a clear and concise format.
- Ability to make effective use of standard office computer systems including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Skype for Business etc.
- Experience of process mapping in Visio, creating process guides and supporting process change
- Experience of working in IT function
- Able to apply and actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion principles to the responsibilities of the role.
- Demonstrate the Southampton Behaviours and work with colleagues to embed them as a way of working within the team.
- Able to plan and prioritise one’s own standard and non-standard work activities to ensure the team’s effectiveness.
- Ability to successfully plan and deliver work on a recurring basis, as well as over a period of several months.
- Able to identify and solve problems by applying judgement and initiative to tackle some situations in new ways and by developing improved work methods.
- Able to solicit ideas and opinions to help form change initiatives.
- Able to positively influence the way a team works together
- Able to ensure staff are clear about changing work priorities and service expectations.
- Good communication skills all-round, with especially strong written English skills.
- Able to offer proactive advice and guidance.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual, with a positive approach to change.
- Experience of HE sector.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining professional knowledge and awareness through continuing personal and professional development.
- Ability to plan work across a number of individuals, and co-ordinate work across disparate physical locations.
- Experience of working with project managers.
- Experience of working with senior managers and directors.
We believe equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a welcoming, vibrant and successful organisation. Having a diverse workforce, inclusive of people of all ages and beliefs, from different racial backgrounds, educational and social backgrounds opens up a wealth of possibilities, makes us more creative and accelerates our impact on society. We welcome applicants that value diversity of our community and are willing to play their part in supporting the mission of inclusivity.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated on the job.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.