Oxford Brookes University
The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at Oxford Brookes University, led by Professor Astrid Schloerscheidt, is seeking an Administrator, to be appointed by 1st September, 2023, 1.00 FTE (37 hours over 5 days).
This is a full-time appointment supporting members of the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Senior Executive Team.
The role consists of a mixture of PA and diary management duties and will include the following tasks:
• Responsible for the administration of all staff recruitment and selection activity
• Support the induction of new staff in liaison with the respective hiring manager
• Support the processing of documentation for payments to Associate Lecturers and Casual staff
• Act as secretary to any departmental or other relevant committees or meetings
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of university procedures, processes, and current initiatives, projects and issues, particularly those relevant to the portfolio of the designated members of the Senior Executive team;
• Record and monitor all staff annual leave and absence requests
• Administer all staff changes in line with HR policies and procedures
• Liaising, on behalf of the designated members of the executive team, with staff in the Health and Life Sciences School, across the University and with external organisations, as appropriate;
• Manage ad hoc projects as allocated.
The work is highly diverse and fast paced. The work includes providing comprehensive administrative support:
The successful candidate should have:
• A good standard of academic qualifications or relevant experience and excellent written English;
• Substantial demonstrable and effective administrative experience at a Senior and Academic staff level,
• Minute taking skills, including the servicing of meetings and committees;
• Experience of working autonomously and handling sensitive corporate information;
• Excellent and sensitive communication and interpersonal skills;
• A flexible “can do” attitude to work.
• Problem solving and negotiation skills;
• Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills.
Benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. Whatever job you are applying for, you’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. You will also enjoy up to 38 days annual leave, rising to 41 days (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.7% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities).
For more information about benefits please see the document ‘All about Brookes’ below.
CV and Personal Statement: As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply For Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
Interviews are expected to take place on Monday 31st July 2023
To email the role of Executive Office Administrator to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.