Edge Hill University
View All Vacancies
£11.53 per hour
Casual post – Thursday 17 August and Friday 18 August, with potential for further work until the end of September.
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Sunday 02 July 2023
We’re here to create and harness knowledge, to deliver opportunity for everyone.
About the Role
The Admissions Department is looking to recruit a high-quality group of enthusiastic workers to assist the team during the busy Clearing period in August. You will act as the first point of contact to applicants applying during Clearing, offering advice and guidance on the telephone and assisting with administration for the department.
Clearing is an extremely busy and important time in the Admissions calendar. Our group of Clearing Administrators will be expected to provide excellent customer service to our applicants and potential applicants.
With a sound knowledge of the University and excellent IT skills, you will respond to various queries and assist with the Admissions Team wherever needed.
We’re looking for:
- People with a confident telephone manner and great customer service skills.
- Experience of working in a busy call centre.
- Data input skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to enter information into databases quickly and accurately.
- For informal enquiries about this vacancy, please contact: Peter Talbot, Senior Admissions Manager at [email protected]
At Edge Hill University we value the benefits a rich and diverse workforce brings to our community and therefore welcome applications from all sections of society.
- The key dates for this post are Thursday 17 August 2023 and Friday 18 August 2023, with the possibility of further work available afterwards.
- As part of the application process, candidates will need to progress through our normal compulsory right to work in the UK checks.
- Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Sunday 2 July.
- Interview date: Thursday 13 July 2023. Please do not apply if you are unable to attend on this date.
- Candidates should also be aware that if successful, you must be available to attend a mandatory training day on Thursday 10 August 2023.
- Please note that you will not be eligible for this role if you are currently an applicant to Edge Hill University, or if you yourself are awaiting publication of exam results this year.
At Edge Hill University we believe in the life changing opportunities knowledge can create. Since 1885, we’ve been creating access to knowledge for those who may not have had the opportunity to before.
Today, the effect we have has a far-reaching impact, not just for those who come to study here but for those who work, invest in, and live in our local communities too. So, if you’ve ever wondered if one person can make a difference, simply speak to our alumni, students, and award-winning staff.
Because for us education isn’t about how much you take in. It’s about what you take out into the world.
Inspiring minds and changing futures since 1885, Edge Hill University is “A great success story… an institution that improves and impresses year after year” – Times Higher Education.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.