GIZ - Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Advisor (m/f/d) Public Finance for Capacity for Nutrition
GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in more than 130 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
For our location in Bruxelles we are looking for an ADVISOR (M/F/D) PUBLIC FINANCE FOR CAPACITY FOR NUTRITION.
Assignment period: 04/01/2023 – 04/30/2026
Type of employment: full- or part-time
The Joint-Action ‘Capacity for Development (C4N)’ is an action area of the ‘Knowledge for Nutrition (K4N)’ programme. K4N aims to support the European Commission (EC), its partners, and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany (BMZ) with competence and knowledge to inform nutrition-related programs and policies with evidence-based approaches and strategies. C4N is financed jointly by the EC and Germany (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ. C4N aims to strengthen capacities to enhance the knowledge base of the EC, EU Delegations, EU Member States and partner countries to advance the fight against all forms of malnutrition. C4N is a key element of the EC’s ‘Nutrition for Development’ Programme, which underpins the implementation of the EU’s ‘Action Plan for Nutrition’. In the future, C4N will support the implementation of the ‘Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN)’ movement, too. The overall aim of the position is to contribute to improving food and nutrition security, through the promotion of public finance for nutrition.
- Provide strategic advice on public finance for nutrition to the global and regional partners relevant to C4N implementation;
- Provide demand driven technical advice on public finance for nutrition to partner countries that are part of SUN Movement to support the implementation of SUN 3.0 strategy;
- Ensure close coordination with SUN Movement Secretariat and full coherence with the EU and BMZ policy frameworks;
- Analyse the gaps and trends and develop recommendations with good practices on effective budget planning, allocation as well as implementation and monitoring of actual expenditures for nutrition sector;
- Develop and support the implementation of thematic guidance for effective public finance and resource mobilization for nutrition in collaboration with relevant global and national nutrition stakeholders;
- Prepare technical input for communication products such as policy briefs, handouts, presentations, blog posts, tweets and publications for the visibility of ECs and BMZ support to public finance for nutrition and the SUN movement;
- Provide technical backstopping to C4N consultants, and assess the quality of services provided and reports submitted;
- Contribute to the monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management system of K4N/C4N.
- University degree in relevant fields, e.g. public administration, public health, nutrition, agriculture, international relations, development studies;
- Many years of experience working with a donor in the field of public finance management with a focus on nutrition, agriculture and food security or related fields, especially budget allocations, composition, sources of funding, cost of inaction, budget credibility, costing exercises and accountability;
- Excellent grasp of the different public finance management topics and coordination mechanisms for sectoral allocations in partner countries;
- Ability to think conceptually and abstractly to formulate concepts and technical and policy papers;
- Practical advisory experience in a partner country of development cooperation abroad, preferably GIZ project experience is an advantage;
- Team orientation, flexibility within a rapidly-changing environment, high degree of intrinsic motivation and self-efficacy to achieve results, and the ability to deliver goal-oriented results on time;
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with proven experience in writing briefings and policy documents, establishing good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at national and global levels;
- Good understanding of EU aid modalities, EU policy on budget support, and prior experience with EC/International Partnerships and/or EU Delegations will be considered an asset;
- Business fluent in English and fluent in French; knowledge of German will be considered an asset.
We are looking forward to your application until 02/12/2023. More information: https://jobs.giz.de/.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.