University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
This role is available to current employees within IT Services at the University of Leeds only.
Interview Date: 10th July 2023
Grade 9 (£54,421 – £63,059, depending on experience)
This role will be based on the university campus, with scope for it to be undertaken in a hybrid manner. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
Are you an experienced Agile Coach with an interest in Leadership and Management? Are you able to share your expertise through coaching and mentoring? Are you looking to develop your Leadership Skills?
The University of Leeds is one of the top 135 universities in the world. We have a truly global community, with more than 39,000 students from 170 different countries and over 9,000 staff of 100 different nationalities. Established in 1904, we have a strong tradition of academic excellence, reflected in first-class student education, along with world-leading research that has a real impact around the globe.
We are looking to hire an experienced Agile Coach who is also a subject matter expert to forefront the Agile principles across the University. You will be looking to implement the Agile Methodology over and above the current principles in place. As an Agile Coach you will be embedded with key teams throughout the Agile Adoption phase we are currently in, by developing and supporting an Enterprise Business Agility first mindset.
Along the way we will expect you to create Agile training for a range of roles, projects and stakeholders whilst exploring opportunities for Agile Transformation across the various departments at the University.
As our Agile Coach you will be handed a team of Scrum Masters. You will have the ability to train and mould this team into our way of working, and will be responsible for all aspects of on-boarding and monitoring. Alongside your team of Scrum Masters you will work with Team Members, Product Owners and Senior Managers in order to role out the Agile Transformation.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme plus life assurance– the University contributes 21.6% of salary
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
If you are looking for a role that will allow you to make a difference, apply today!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Rob Cartwright, Head of Delivery Development & Continuous Improvement
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
School/Institute: IT Project Directorate
Category: Professional & Managerial
£54,421 to £63,059
Contract Type: Ongoing
Release Date: Wednesday 14 June 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday 28 June 2023
Monday 10 July 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.