University of East Anglia, Norwich
SPORT AND COMMERCIAL SERVICES
APPRENTICE EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONERS (LEVEL 2)
Starting at £7.92 per hour
This is an excellent opportunity for someone aiming to start a career in the Early Years sector. As an apprentice, you’ll earn a competitive apprentice salary whilst gaining an Early Years Practitioner qualification in Child Care (Level 2), with the possibility of a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship.
This role will enable you to gain and enhance relevant skills, knowledge, behaviours, and experience within a nursery setting by working alongside qualified and/or experienced colleagues.
The role will be undertaken within the framework of an agreed apprenticeship standard (Early Years Educator – Level 2) and you will be closely supported and supervised in the delivery of tasks and activities.
We are seeking a self-motivated person to join our busy and well-established team to provide a safe, secure, exciting and stimulating environment for the babies and children in our Nursery. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect our staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications are welcome from those who are enthusiastic about gaining new knowledge and developing good practice.
This post is available immediately on a full-time, fixed-term basis (17 months) working Monday to Friday on a shift basis.
Once your apprenticeship is completed there is the possibility of joining our team in an indefinite Early Years Practitioner (B) position. The salary for an Early Years Practitioner (B) is currently £20,253 per annum with an annual increment up to £21,477 per annum.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Appointment will be subject to a criminal record check at Enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service, including a check of the Child Barred List. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
- 34 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays and University Customary days.
- Family and Work-life balance policies including considerable maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption leave.
- Generous pension scheme with life cover for dependents, plus incapacity cover.
- Health and Wellbeing: discounted access to sportspark facilities, relaxation rooms, 320 acres of rolling parkland, wellbeing walks, medical centre, Occupational Health and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Campus Facilities: sportspark, library, nursery, supermarket, post office, bars and catering outlets.
- Exclusive shopping discounts to help cut the cost of household bills, childcare salary sacrifice scheme, Cycle to Work scheme and public transport discounts.
- Personal Development: unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses, specialist advice and training from our Organisational Development and Professional Learning Team.
We are also seeking Apprentice Early Years Practitioners (Level 3). Please visit our website for further details.
Closing date: 12 April 2023
The University is committed to diversifying its workforce. As examples, we already hold an Athena SWAN Silver Institutional Award in recognition of our advancement towards gender equality. We also have a Vice-Chancellor led Taskforce on Tackling Racism and a Race Equality Charter Working Group which support our work on race equality. Our aim is to submit to the Race Equality Charter in 2024.
SC4355_C… (.pdf) (1833kb) ,
Guidance… (.pdf) (2225kb) ,
DBS_Crim… (.doc) (7kb) ,
Guidelin… (.pdf) (319kb)
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.