Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Area Manager Western Ukraine*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine.
Alliance 2015 members Welthungerhilfe (WHH), Concern Worldwide and Cesvi are working together in Ukraine since February 2022 using their combined resources and reach, to ensure a quick and effective emergency response to assist the crisis-affected population. This response, known as JERU (Joint Emergency Response Ukraine), is working inside of Ukraine to support conflict affected people.
As Area Manager for Western Ukraine, you will ensure that JERU’s programmes and projects in Western Ukraine (Khmelnytskyi, Ternopilska and potentially other Oblasts) are implemented in accordance to content, schedule, budget and JERU’s strategy and standards, the strategy of the country programme and the regulations of the donors. You will represent JERU and the office in the defined project area in relations with oblast and hromada authorities, and other humanitarian and non-humanitarian actors.
- Provide direct oversight of all project managers, as well as direct management of at least one project
- Propose new intervention areas in line with the JERU mission strategy and participate in the development of proposals in coordination with the Head of Programmes
- Ensure that monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning standards are well respected in the Area office
- Recruit and Manage expatriates and national staff in coordination with the Country Office
- Manage the day to day management of the finance officer, logistics officer, MEAL officer and Heads of Project in the area office
- Establish and adhere to the country wide security management system (establishment of functioning security plans etc.) in accordance with the safety and security management plan
- Establish good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders in Western Ukraine for emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in coordination with the Country Office
- Produce accurate and high-quality regular reports for internal and donor audiences
- Ensure all Heads of Project in Western Ukraine are delivering results and reaching targets in line with the quality standards of JERU and its partners, donors and the humanitarian clusters in Ukraine
- A university or polytechnic degree in political sciences, public administration, conflict studies, humanitarian action or other related disciplines with specific experience in integrated project management
- At least 1 year experience in field/area office management or a minimum of 3 years experience in managing humanitarian projects
- Proven experience working in partnership with civil society organizations and in stakeholder management
- Knowledge of Ukraine context, particularly Western Ukraine would be desired
- Experience in working in IDP contexts is a plus
- Ability to lead teams in a challenging and fragile security environment
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English; Ukrainian or Russian language skills are an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Please send your application in English via our online recruiting system by April 2, 2023. Your contact person is Sarah Liem – Hartmann. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.