Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 100522
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Are you an actuary looking for a new challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Do you want to work for Canada’s largest professional services firm? Then look no further! Deloitte is looking for future opportunities by August 2021.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in the Actuarial practice, you will be leading teams and engagements and contributing to market initiatives. You will:
- Support practice leaders by delivering Life work on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, underwriting / claims and advanced analytics domains
- Lead engagement teams on projects including IFRS 17, advanced analytics, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), and actuarial transformation.
- Drive developments of new market offerings by contributing with innovative approaches
- Be expected to stay abreast of technical Life industry developments like IFRS 17 and LICAT, etc. as well as broader industry developments in the fields such as InsurTech, Advanced Analytics, and Blockchain
- Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
- Authentically engage with our team of dynamic professional to develop, motivate and coach them to meet their goals
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
- Work with high profile clients operating in the North American Life Insurance (Life) space as well as within the broader insurance space. Opportunities to work on projects in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
About the team
Work in a fast growing, challenging and rewarding environment with practitioners who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise. Engage with clients by developing innovative solutions through R&D and discussion, both within our teams as well as with our clients. Work with high profile clients operating in the North American Life Insurance (Life) space as well as within the broader insurance space.
Our Canadian Actuarial team is over 70 strong, and has tripled in size over 5 years. We are part of Deloitte’s worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1000 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. AIS is part of Deloitte’s Assurance & Advisory practice and provides a wide range of consulting services.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you #deloitteA&A
You are someone with:
- A Masters / Bachelor’s degree from a leading University in the fields Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Data Science
- A Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) or equivalent. Relevant post-fellowship experience coupled with post-actuarial credentials like an MBA, CERA or CFA
- 5 plus years Life working experience in the industry within an insurance company, reinsurer, insurance broker or accounting / consulting firm
- Technical experience with IFRS17 topics including PAA and GMA, assumptions, data requirements and financial statement/position presentation would be considered a strong asset
- (Advanced) Knowledge of actuarial software packages like AXIS, PathWise, or MATLAB
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau an asset
PLEASE NOTE: We excpect to actively recruit for this role in September.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected] if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.