The University of Edinburgh
Open-ended, subject to continuing funding. Secondment is a possibility; Full time/0.8 FTE: 35/28 hours per week.
We are looking for an experienced teacher with expertise in the use of technology to support children and young people with additional support needs to join the CALL Scotland team.
This post is for a senior member of staff within the long-established CALL Scotland team . CALL Scotland is a unit within the Moray House School of Education and Sport that is primarily funded by Scottish Government to lead the application of assistive technology for children and young people with additional support needs. You will be responsible for:
We are looking to appoint on an open-ended contract but a secondment to the role is also a possibility. The post requires travel around Scotland. Working from home is possible on occasion but you will need to work with the CALL team in Edinburgh.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Knowledge and experience working with learners with Additional Support Needs in both mainstream and specialist provision.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of technology to enable learners with disabilities or additional support needs to access education.
- Proven ability to devise and deliver effective Professional Learning for anyone working with learners with ASN, including parents and carers.
- Experience of working with education and allied health professionals at school and local authority levels.
- Proven ability to manage a wide, varied and complex workload.
- Excellent interpersonal, people management and negotiating skills.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.