European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
The Associate Banker, Debt Mobilisation Sales and Advisory is primarily responsible for supporting, the mobilisation (sales and risk transfer) efforts around EBRD loan transactions with the aim of maximising mobilisation (called “Annual Mobilised Investment (AMI)” at EBRD). As a secondary responsibility, the role also supports the Debt Mobilisation Product Development function where required.
The role reports to the Director, Head of Debt Mobilisation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Project Structuring and Execution:
- Support Banking in structuring their debt transactions so that mobilisation is maximised either through increased loan amounts which are syndicated/risk-transferred or via offering products which mobilise co-investors via structural features.
- Responsible for delivering a minimum level of AMI and fee income per year (set annually).
- Support with allocated tasks more senior colleagues in primary and secondary mobilisation activities within allocated sectors.
- Prepare and/or coordinate the production of information to be provided to potential co-financiers to ensure timely availability of finance to the Bank’s clients.
- Maintain strong working relationships and dialogue/co-operation with all client groups to ensure effective product delivery. This includes producing regular updates on trends in the syndicated loan market as well as newly introduced mobilisation products and sharing those with internal stakeholders.
- Acquire gradually good awareness and understanding of commercial banks’ and alternative debt investors’ strategy and appetite to invest in certain clients, countries, sectors and products, in order to ensure that financial solutions for clients are appropriate in terms of product, pricing, structure and investor base.
- Build this knowledge by regularly researching relevant databases, reading relevant press articles and also joining meetings with co-financing partners to understand their changing risk appetite.
- Support business development opportunities to attract new co-financing partners.
- Support the Implementation part of the team on strategic / product initiatives by contributing to ongoing workstreams.
- Attend industry and mobilisation-related events and conferences, meetings with government authorities, investors, organisations and business communities as appropriate and required to advance the Bank’s mobilisation mandate.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant university degree, or equivalent experience.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Sound decision making skills with a focus on providing solutions. Proven business judgement and high ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ideally fluency in another major language, in addition to English.
- Ideally prior experience in EBRD’s countries of operations.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Ideally knowledge and experience in loan markets, encompassing not only the syndicated loans market, but possibly also leveraged finance or project finance.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
General Service TechnicianMidas SAINTE-ANNE-DE-BELLEVUE 9480Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QCSainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC
Assistant Store ManagerMomentum Financial Services GroupGrande Prairie, ABGrande Prairie, AB
Agile Project CoordinatorMindGeekMontreal, QCMontreal, QC
Health Information Clerk – Admitting & RegistrationNova Scotia Health AuthorityAnnapolis Royal, NSAnnapolis Royal, NS