SRL is building a stronger future for journalism by empowering the next generation of news creators. We are seeking a detail-oriented Development Associate with strong organizational and writing skills to support SRL’s fundraising and reporting efforts. This role will include a balance of administrative and fundraising support for SRL’s activities. Presently, this work is centered on grants but will likely expand to include individual giving as our fundraising efforts diversify! This is a new position with room for growth with a team that values experimentation, collaboration, and diversity.
About PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs (SRL)
SRL is an award-winning national youth journalism program that connects classrooms and after school programs to local PBS stations and the PBS NewsHour. Thousands of teachers use SRL’s journalism and video production resources, producing multimedia stories that are regularly featured on local and national news media. The SRL team consists of a growing team of journalism, education, and public media professionals who work closely with our network of students, teachers, and media partners to support youth voice, storytelling, and the future of media.
- Workflow Support
- Complete portal submissions for applications and grant proposals.
- Compile information for and support writing of grant reporting.
- Compile attachments for grant reporting and proposals.
- Process all incoming contributions and grants, coordinating with finance and development staff members to ensure accuracy.
- Support meetings and events as needed.
- Support grant reporting and submissions as needed.
- Administrative Support
- Support contracting and invoicing processes.
- Data entry and maintenance (experience with AirTable a plus, but not required).
- Creating project reports.
- Other administrative support as assigned.
- Other Duties
- Work cross departmentally to ensure smooth communications across the organization.
- Collaborate on creating workflows and systems that streamline SRL’s activities.
- Support on external communications as needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Detail-oriented and proactive with strong organizational skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills (experience with writing project reports a plus).
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new platforms.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1+ years administrative office and/or fundraising experience desired, internships included.
- Prior experience in nonprofit environment preferred.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on globalvacancies.org
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.