European Investment Bank
As an (Associate)/(Senior) Lending Documentation Officer you will review, comment and validate contractual documents concerning the Bank’s loan operations, as well as other financial products, in order to ensure that the lending related principles and internal procedures are followed and the financial interests of the Bank are protected.
The Contract Reviews & Amendments Unit (FI-Contracts) reviews the financial clauses of legal documentation in the context of the Bank’s lending operations during the negotiation process in coordination with the Legal, Operational, and Transaction Management Directorates of the Bank. The unit also provides advisory services on the financial feasibility of proposed loan structures and verifies the accuracy of the structure for subsequent pricing by the Treasury. Another task of the unit is the verification of the data input of newly signed contracts in the back office system (CLM).
You will report to the Head of Unit and operate in a team of nine colleagues whose main responsibility is to review the financial documentation on the Finance Directorate’s behalf and to provide internal clearance on such documentation before signature and financial engagement of the Bank.
You will also provide opinion or advice on the proposed loan structures and its characteristics. You will sign off on loan pricing structures and validate the financial and contractual aspects of restructuring, refinancing or repricing operations.
Depending on the seniority of the selected candidate, the below mentioned responsibilities will be performed with focus on more standard or less traditional and complex transactions. The role will entail:
- Reviewing finance contracts and contract modifications in the lending domain covering products as loans, bond instruments, equity funds, guarantees, restructurings and, etc. in line with the EIB policies.
- Advising the Operations (OPS), EIB Global (GLO), Legal (JU) and Portfolio Management and Monitoring (PMM) Directorates, on the rationale and the way of implementing financial clauses and products in the Finance Directorate (FI) and in the Bank’s booking system.
- Validating firm quote requests for loan pricing after having verified alignment with the respective approvals/loan documentation.
- Reviewing and providing opinions to Notes (Management Committee notes or inter-services notes) and ensure that the proposal is in line with FI policies and procedures.
- For more complex or innovative transactions, providing advisory services on loan pricing structures and related restructuring activities to front office colleagues (OPS/PMM).
- Actively contributing to improvement of the lending products and /or loan documentation, processes and procedures of the Bank in the area of responsibility of the Unit.
- Contributing to the development of new IT tools, in relation to lending products, in order to ensure the desired functionalities.
- When required, supporting the Head of Unit for specific tasks and providing guidance to more junior team members.
- University degree, preferably in a relevant field such as Finance, Business Administration or Law
- Additional relevant postgraduate studies or professional qualification would be considered as an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience for the (Associate) Officer role and 5 years of professional experience for the (Senior) Officer role. The relevant experience shall be with lending related documentation, ideally in loan origination, loan syndication, restructuring function or other lending related areas
- In depth knowledge and understanding of financial products, especially loans and their general legal and financial aspects
- Proficiency in standard IT applications. Knowledge of a lending back-office system would be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French, with a good command of the other. Good working knowledge of German, Portuguese or Dutch would be a strong advantage.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Consultant/e pour documenter l’expérience des femmes dans les processus de transition politiques en Afrique de l’Ouest et du centreFood and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)New York, United StatesNew York, United States
Coordinateur Logistique – H/F – MAROC – Rabat/MarrakechCroix-Rouge FrançaiseMoroccoMorocco
IC-2024 -01-Peacebuilding and Conflict Prevention Local Consultant – Re-advertisAnywhereAnywhere
IC-2024 -02-Information Management and Reporting Consultant- Re-advertisedUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere