Commercial Law Development Program, U.S. Department of Commerce
- The Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP) of the Office of General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Commerce is seeking a person with exceptional analytical, organizational and interpersonal communication skills to join our outstanding team of international technical assistance attorneys.
- CLDP’s mission is commercial legal reform: CLDP helps developing countries improve the policy, legal, and regulatory conditions for doing sustainable business, thereby creating better economic opportunities for local entrepreneurs and American companies doing business overseas. CLDP provides training, advisory and consultative services to host country governments and the private sector.
- CLDP attorneys are the primary implementers for the Office of General Counsel’s international development programs. In this position, you will consult with other agencies of the U.S. government and foreign government officials, assess development needs, and design and implement assistance programs. The primary geographical focus of the programming will be Europe & Eurasia, specifically the Western Balkans and South Caucasus. The attorney’s work will require travel to countries throughout Eastern and Southeast Europe & Eurasia.
- This position may be filled at the GS-13 or GS-14 grade level.
- Position is full-time
- Position location is Washington, DC
- Fluency in Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Bosnian-Serbo-Croatian (BSC), Georgian, or Russian preferred but not required.
- Prior experience working in government, international development, civil society organizations, law firms or with foreign governments or international organizations is desirable.
- Familiarity with commercial law topics such as trade, capital markets and finance, customs, intellectual property, telecommunications, economic competition, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, public procurement, regulatory development, legislation, transparency, ethics and anti-corruption, corporate governance, privatization, etc. also strongly preferred.
- Must be a United States Citizen and registered for Selective Service if applicable (sss.gov).
- Must be able to verify active bar membership in good standing in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
To be considered, please send an email with the subject line “Attorney Advisor Application: Last Name, First Name” to Nicolette Mena at [email protected] with the following attachments.
- Law school unofficial transcript (if selected an official transcript is required)
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be notified.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 9470 jobs
Project Manager – OTR (Order to Remittance) 6003450 Welland, Ontario L3B 5N4, CanadaINNIOWelland, ONWelland, ON
Administrative Secretary 2Winnipeg Regional Health AuthorityWinnipeg, MBWinnipeg, MB
Health, Safety and Risk Labourer StudentValeThompson, MBThompson, MB
Assistant Professor (Computer Science – Software Engineering)University of SaskatchewanSaskatoon, SKSaskatoon, SK