PLASP Child Care Services
BENEFITS AND DISABILITY SPECIALIST
PLASP Child Care Services is a charitable organization operating on a not-for-profit basis, providing high quality early learning and child care, for children up to 12 years of age. PLASP operates programs in more than 230 schools providing before and after school care. PLASP also operates 28 full-day early learning and child care centres and three EarlyON locations for children from 0 – 6 years.
PLASP is committed to hiring, training, and fairly compensating staff. All Ontarians have the right to equal treatment with respect to employment without discrimination or harassment. We believe that everyone has worth and value, and that all staff are respected, supported, and treated fairly by their co-workers and supervisors.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, Employee Experience, as the Benefits and Disability Specialist, you will play a key role within the team in supporting PLASP’s group benefits, RRSP program, attendance administration and leaves of absence for employees across the organization. We are looking for a talented individual to join our HR team to help enhance the benefits and disability management portfolio through ongoing innovation with the goal of fostering positive employee experiences and directly contributing to the operational efficiency of the portfolio.
THE POSITION INVOLVES…
The successful candidate will provide a full range of duties, including:
- Coordination and administration of PLASP’s group benefits and RRSP programs
- Supporting and advising on employee leaves of absence, including disability leaves (e.g. short and long term disability), maternity/parental leaves as well as other job-protected leaves per the Employment Standards Act
- Supporting return to work program administration for staff, including liaising with Managers to ensure a successful reintegration to the work environment
- Attendance management administration
- HRIS report writing and statistical analysis to identify trends and in support of HR data
- Other Human Resources related duties, as needed, including acting as back-up to the Health, Safety & Wellness Specialist during absences
THE PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE…
- A University Degree or post-graduate certificate in Human Resources Management; specialized training in benefits management preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in benefits administration and disability management
- Extensive knowledge of HR legislation as it relates to health and benefits
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, HRIS and web access
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop professional working relationships
- Sound judgement and a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated initiative, problem solving skills and willingness to learn and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
- A positive and supportive working environment
- Growth and learning opportunities
- A competitive compensation package
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children
- Hybrid work model that embraces both on-site and remote work to support each team’s core priorities
Please note that the hiring range for this position is $55,000 to $69,000 annually.
HOW TO APPLY…
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit Careers – PLASP. PLASP invites all applicants to submit their resume and cover letter for consideration no later than Friday 7th April, 2023.
PLASP Child Care Services is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please visit www.plasp.com for more employment information.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.