United Nations Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent is expected to perform the below duties:HR Workplan Management:- Responsible for monitoring and adjustments of salary workplan to ensure correctness, validity and availability of funding against mapped positions.- Conduct Extensive judgment and interpretation to determine appropriate utilization of funds. Continuous follow up with EMRO and PSE technical managers on salary workplan balances, take action and perform any salary workplan expenditure batches needed.- Work closely with project managers on mapping LICA-UNOPS contract holders’ staff as well.Income and Awards Management:- responsible for analysis and monitoring of activation of awards, and distribution and validating the linkage of awards to projects; and also award amendments- Maintain an overview on budgetary, funding and related financial issues and draw supervisor’s attention to specific and unusual discrepancies and recommend necessary corrective actions- Prepare donor’s required reports and donors receivables follow upPlanning related Duties:- Contribute to the development of the WRO programme budget and workplans, Work on workplans Mismatches, correct any mismatch in budgeting, planned awards amounts, mismatches from incorrect award’s expenditures.- Work on creation of workplans, creation awards top and sub tasks.Direct Supervision to the Finance Assistant:- Supervise, train, oversee the work of the Finance Assistant to ensure that all processes performed accurately and in a timely manner.- Provide guidance and advice on financial information and GSM related issues.Manage the E-Imprest System:- Verify, approve and submit financial transactions and payments for office operational and projects’ payments. Monitoring of EImprest GLs and all EImprest Transactions and GES as well.- Ensure cash /bank books are fully reconciled for PSE accounts (and any differences in reconciliation is justified, including review of conversions using correct exchange rates.- Contacting operational units and Technical programs for the monthly analysis overview of expected expenses and request the monthly replenishment accordingly, following up throughout the month for any needed ADHOC replenishment request.- Oversea VAT monthly submission and VAT refunds, follow up with UNDP on MOFA’s requests and inquiries.Accounts Payable:- Responsible for monitoring of payment instructions, payroll, office and projects payments, (APWs, consultants and all other payments related to staff (Health Insurance, Travel allowances, etc) and suppliers payments), eImprest Vouchers, bank reconciliations and expenditure batches.The Finance & Budget Associate is also expected to- Provide guidance, support and advice on financial information and GSM related issues and other financial matters to all staff to facilitate their work.- Continuous follow up with regional office and KL office to ensure accuracy and consistency of financial data, adherence to WHO financial Rules and Regulations.- Produce analytical reports and ad hoc financial reports regularly and as requested.
Essential: Completion of secondary school with additional training in automated accounting.
Desirable: Completion of University degree in commerce, finance, business administration or related field would be an asset.
Essential: at least 10 years of experience in applying administrative and financial procedures through progressive work in finance and accounting activities
-Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles, procedures, and practices.-Ability to maintain good working relationships with clients and stakeholders.-Delivering quality results in pressing situations and conflicting priorities.-Excellent analytical skills with strategic focus.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at ILS 170,173 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.