King's College London
If you want to work in a friendly, environment where you are really valued for your contribution then we may have the job for you.
Kings Food the internal catering department of Kings College London are looking to recruit two catering assistants to work at our Strand Campus.
As a catering assistant you will be involved with all aspects of the catering service including basic food preparation, food service, till operation, barista coffee making, food hygiene and other duties associated with the running of the Colleges retail units.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A good team player.
- Have a passion and commitment to provide good customer service.
- Have a flexible and positive approach.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Understand food safety and hygiene regulations.
The position is offer on a working five out of seven days basis and will involve working evenings and weekends.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract.
- Assist with the service of meals in the restaurants, mobile units, and coffee shops.
- Maintain high levels of hygiene and comply with all food hygiene regulations.
- Display all food and beverages in a neat, appealing, and safe way.
- Stock retail display units and replenish as required.
- Operate a till and maintain accurate receipting of all payments
- Actively promote and sell the catering services to customers.
- Respond to requests for information from customers.
- Keep servery and retails areas tidy and clean.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
1. Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
2. Experience of working in a catering environment
3. Understanding of all relevant health, hygiene, and safety regulations
4. Good written and oral communication
5. Experience of providing a service to customers
6. To be numerate
7. Experience of operating a till and taking payments
8. Sales and customer care experience
9. Selling skills
10. Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekend
1. NVQ Level 1 or equivalent catering qualification
2. Hold a current food handlers’ certificate
This post is subject to a Occupational Health Clearance.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.