University of Glasgow
As a member of the functions team, you will be responsible for the set-up, delivery and breakdown of events around the university. The role will cover both internal catered university events as well as our growing external business. You will deliver an outstanding customer experience, ensuring compliance to the food safety policy and operating procedures as well as achieving sales and customer service targets.
Working as part of the Functions team you will strive to provide the best possible customer experience to help grow the business and ensure that the University of Glasgow remains at the forefront of the events industry.
Being a key team player and demonstrating a passion and pride in what you do is essential.
This is a role that requires a flexibility based on the business needs and will involve weekend and public holiday working.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To ensure the execution of the food and drink offer to the agreed presentation standards.
2. Use sound judgement in dealing with customer queries/complaints and take appropriate action for amicable solution(s) to be found.
3. Demonstrate a passion for customer service excellence and offer a personalised service experience that exceeds customer expectation.
4. Responsible for cash handling and following agreed cash handling procedures.
5. Build effective relationships with team members, empowering them to bring forward new ideas to improve the offer and service delivered.
6. Liaise and communicate with customers and colleagues to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
7. To assist in the control of food and non-food items ensuring that the compliance of the department policies on storage and issuing of all stock procedures are always adhered to. This will include assisting with stocktaking.
8. Demonstrates a positive attitude and flexible working approach to meet the demands of the operation or individual units.
9. Meet all legislative and policy requirements including COSHH.
10. Demonstrate a positive attitude and flexible working approach to meet the demands of the operation.
11. Demonstrate a passion for customer service excellence and offer a personalised service that exceeds customer expectation.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Ability to demonstrate the competencies to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills in a similar role.
A2 Food Safety Level 1 (to be completed within first week) followed by Food Safety Level 2 (to be completed within first 3 months).
A3 Good working knowledge of Food Safety and Health and Safety Awareness.
B1 Food Safety Level 2.
B2 Allergen Awareness.
C1 Ability to work well under pressure.
C2 Basic computer skills and experience.
C3 Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
C4 Adaptable and Flexible approach to work.
C5 Strong organisational and customer service skills.
C6 Team player who is committed and enthusiastic.
E1 Demonstratable previous experience of working in a customer facing environment.
E2 Experience of working independently and as part of a team.
E3 Previous experience of operating a till system.
UoG Commercial Ltd is a subsidiary company wholly owned by the University of Glasgow and provides catering services as part of the new extended campus at the University.
As our employees are integrally involved in generating and sharing in the business’ success and call ourselves ‘partners’ rather than staff. We want our customers and partners to feel equally valued and appreciated because they are both important to our success. We recognise that the way we conduct ourselves reflects not just on the company, but on the University of Glasgow and so our values are at the heart of the way in which we behave.
Put simply we ask our partners to:
- Be friendly and positive
- Treat everyone with respect
- Take pride in everything they do
Terms & Conditions
Salary will be £10.90 – £12.00 per hour, depending on experience.
This post is fixed term and part time for a minimum of 10 hours to be worked per calendar month on a rota basis from start date to 31 August 2023. Flexibility will be required by mutual agreement and there may be some weekend and public holiday working at peak periods.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.