Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified senior-level candidates for a Chief of Party (COP) position on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Resilient Economies and Sectors Activity in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean. The purpose of this Activity is to: Reduce systemic constraints to climate and disaster finance and increase investments in resilience across priority sectors such as agriculture. This position is anticipated to be based in Bridgetown, Barbados.
The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the project and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the project’s overall strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners, and will provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the project, including monitoring and evaluation and reporting to USAID.
* Target countries include Bahamas, Barbados, St. Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominica, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and Suriname.
* Provide overall strategic leadership and technical expertise for the project, and supervise expatriate and local teams;
* Develop innovative and sustainable approaches to achieve project objectives, and monitor and evaluate project outcomes and impacts;
* Ensure project compliance with USAID, Tetra Tech and host country policies, rules, and regulations;
* Manage all aspects of project implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel, project results, efficient budgeting and financial management;
* Oversee technical activities and ensure the project achieves results as defined in the contract;
* Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management, ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Lead institutional engagement and coordination, collaboration and consultation with diverse stakeholders in the region, including government, donors, private sector entities, financial institutions and implementing agencies.
* Minimum of a master’s degree in international development, economics, public policy, climate sciences, business administration, disaster management, or another related discipline is required.
* Not less than 10 years of project experience in the ESC region, working in one or more technical disciplines: private sector engagement, sustainable economic growth, climate adaptation and resilience, disaster response and/or risk reduction, public policy, business administration, institutional capacity strengthening and engagement, and/or other relevant technical areas.
*Experience implementing or managing disaster risk finance, climate finance, or risk insurance initiatives an advantage.
* Minimum of 5 years in a senior management role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the ESC region, preferably as a COP for a USAID-funded project or equivalent donor-funded program.
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and promoting gender equity and social inclusion.
*Demonstrated success implementing regional or multi-country programs in similar contexts.
* Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in the ESC region.
*Experience managing USAID-funded contracts preferred.
* ESC nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/42sKksQ
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.