Salix Finance Ltd
Salix became a non-departmental public body in September 2020. This status enables government
to directly fund the work of Salix, as it delivers projects on behalf of government funders.
Salix is funded by Department of Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ), and the Scottish and
Welsh Governments, and Salix provides professional and tailored support, to public sector
organisations. This support enables and inspires local and national climate action in the
transition towards a low-carbon future. These funding schemes are dedicated to enabling the
public sector to reduce their carbon emissions to support Government’s commitment to become
net-zero by 2050.
The mixed financing portfolio of grants and loans to public sector organisations comes through
the Public Sector Decarbonisation Schemes (PSDS), Public Sector Low Carbon Skills Fund (PSLCF),
Public Sector Energy Efficiency Loans Scheme (SEELS), Scotland Public Sector Energy Efficiency
Scheme, Wales Funding Programme and Salix Recycling Fund Scheme. The purpose of these schemes
is to finance delivery of capital energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation projects within
public sector non-domestic buildings, including central government departments and
non-departmental public bodies in England.
Salix is now the Delivery Agent for the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund (SHDF) and the
Homes Upgrade Grant, (HUG).
Salix plays a key role in increasing the awareness across the public sector throughout the UK
in the importance of energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation.
Work life at Salix
For staff joining Salix we run a comprehensive induction programme to support staff to be
successful at work. Every member of staff is part of a team and has a named line manager who
helps you plan your work and manage your training and development. You will be encouraged to
study for further industry qualifications, such as CMI.
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
- £25,500 during probationary period which lasts 3 months
- £26,000 after successful probationary period
- 28 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee support with public transport costs
- Supported training budget for staff
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
As a Client Support Officer you will be responsible for supporting and monitoring the delivery
of UK public sector decarbonisation projects, which are funded through grants and loans
programmes by DESNZ, Scottish and Welsh Governments.
You will be part of one of Salix’s programme delivery teams, line managed by a Programme
Coordinator and managed by a Programme Manager. Your responsibilities will ensure that projects
comply with Salix’s funding requirements as well as building strong client relationships, and
being their first port of call for any queries. You will support the delivery of around 20
projects with a combined value of £50m.
You will also be an active member of the Delivery Team and attend team wide meetings as well as
have the opportunity to be involved in projects that support the development of our processes
and systems and making the company an even better place to work.
- Build strong customer relationships with Salix clients, this will require visits to clients
- Maintaining accurate client project data through the use of client relationship management
- Data management and analysis to support reporting to our board and funders.
- Management of own day-to-day tasks in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Payment processing and cashflow forecasting.
- Letter generation, drafting and checking legal documentation.
- Prepare written reports and presentations on individual project work.
- Managing and responding to internal/client queries.
- Support the Communications and PR team to promote Salix at events, conferences, and
webinars, by giving presentations and assisting with the preparation of materials to showcase
- Assist with wider organizational activities including cross-team working, involvement in
workgroups and supporting charity initiatives.
- Responsible for individual and team health and safety
Salix is an equal opportunities employer and has a policy of equal pay. Salix operates a
probationary period for all new staff. This ensures people joining Salix can find out that the
job meets their expectations and that Salix can support each member of staff in their role.
This is on a fixed term, 3 months probationary contract. Successful completion of the
probationary period will lead to an offer of employment contract.
The Person Specification for this position can be found in Appendix 1. All criteria outlined in
the specification are considered essential and will be assessed through a combination of the
application statement, CV and interview.
Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the qualifications, experience, skills and abilities
listed in the Person Specification. In order that candidates focus on the experience, skills
and abilities in the Person Specification, eight specific areas have been highlighted.
Candidates should focus on these eight points in their written statement which should be no
more than 1,200 words. Other aspects of the Person Specification will be evidenced from your CV
and the final interview where candidates will be asked to prepare a presentation. See Appendix 1 for the Person Specification.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role, please submit all of the following to HR:
- An up-to-date CV.
- A statement of no more than 1,200 words as to how you match the requirements of the Person
Specification, ensuring you address the eight key criteria highlighted in the key criteria
column of the Person Specification.
- Equality monitoring form (available to download from the JD)
Please specify in the application email subject the job title you are applying for and
within the email where you saw the job posted to [email protected]
- Applications will close once the posts are filled.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview by mutual agreement.
- Presentation details will be released prior to interview.
- Start in post by mutual agreement.
Key information about application
- Applicants must demonstrate through their CV and personal statement that they meet the
qualifications, experience, skills and abilities listed in the Personal Specification in
- Please be aware that Salix will only accept applications which contain all the requested
supporting documentation detailed above, and candidates that do not submit all requested
documentation will not be contacted to submit a full application.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and documentation is required to support
Please see the Job Description for person specification and full details on how to apply.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.