University of Texas Health Science Center
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
Once you join us you won’t want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more!
Join a growing team! With the opening of Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth Houston, we will soon have the largest academic psychiatric hospital in the country, serving the region with an 500+ bed facility. Our dedicated health care employees will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of mental health specialties and cutting-edge research. With exposure to a variety of specialties such as Acute, Subacute, and Intensive Outpatient, Continuum of Care, Mood Disorders, ECT, Early Onset Treatment , Adult General Psychiatry, Competency Restoration, Child and Adolescent, Juvenile Justice, Geriatric Psychiatry, Treatment Mall and Unit-Based Programming.
This dedicated team will work in an integrated campus to bring world class resources to the community. Apply today to be a part of this committed team serving the mental health needs of the area.
This position provides coordination for clinical pharmacy programs.
Location: Dunn Behavioral Sciences Center/HCPC at UTHealth Houston
Dept.: BSC Pharmacy
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Assist the Director of Pharmacy with development and maintenance of clinical pharmacy programs.
2. Participates in treatment planning to implement a pharmaceutical care plan. This includes but not limited to therapeutic monitoring, interpretation of lab values, pharmacological consults, patient education, medication reconciliation and discharge planning.
3. Participate in multidisciplinary in-services and key hospital committees.
4. Evaluates, interprets, and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies according to written orders/prescriptions issued by an authorized prescriber. Evaluates and clarifies medication orders or prescriptions with prescribers.
5. Provides patients and family members with education on medications and lifestyle to achieve outcome goals.
6. Serve as pharmacy Residency Program Director and precept pharmacy Residents/interns.
7. Participates in research activities involving drug therapy or outcome measures.
8. Oversee technicians in accordance with department policies and procedures. Ensures all patient care provided meets or exceeds all regulations, statutes, and JCAHO standards.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current pharmacist license in good standing with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Current Board-Certified Psychiatric Pharmacy (BCPP).
Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Ability to effectively participate on an interdisciplinary team or committee.
Bachelors of Science or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy is required.
Completion of a psychiatric pharmacy residency program is required.
Three (3) years of experience as a Clinical Pharmacist. Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy services. Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of Texas.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.