- Salary: £28,500 -£30,000 pro rata for 0.6 FTE Three days per week
- Contract length: Fixed term 12 Months with the possibility of extension
Location: Working at Thames21 offices (Guildhall/Bow), working on-site at
outdoor locations around London, and regular working from home.
- Report to: Communications Manager
Liaison with: Thames21 Project Officers (for tributary events), Thames21’s
Senior Management team, journalists and partners.
Purpose of the job
This is a unique opportunity to join Thames21’s communications team as it builds momentum and
awareness around the key themes of the climate-resilient rivers, sewage pollution, plastic
pollution, and public access to our water spaces. Get on board to help highlight to London,
national and international audiences the way Thames21 projects are addressing key global
issues! You will need to be passionate about our cause and able to liaise with teams across the
organisation, whilst enabling a consistent and effective approach to branding, activities,
media relations and internal communications across Thames21. In order to keep up the momentum,
we are looking for a Communications Assistant to work in partnership with the Communications
Manager to promote Thames21’s projects.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Proactively liaise with Thames21’s project officers and managers to ensure their projects
are positively promoted in target media and Thames21’s social media channels.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to create and deliver communications materials
and plans that aligns with project objectives and deliverables and aim to keep our key
- Manage project social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, as well as
to proactively seek and co-ordinate engaging content opportunities with partners, posting
daily, as well as linking into wider Thames21’s campaigns.
- Liaise with project partners to seek out PR opportunities for their projects.
- Write and plan regular website copy.
- Co-ordinate the design and delivery of offline communication materials.
- Help to develop new Thames21 website.
- Maintain, develop and co-ordinate the build of project websites.
- Plan, write and deliver Thames21’s project newsletters using Mailchimp.
- Record, monitor and report on the impact of PR campaigns
- Assist in pre-event preparation, especially London Rivers Week, and provide on-the-day/week
support as required.
- The postholder must be willing to travel throughout Greater London
- 25 days paid annual leave are available (pro rata) plus public holidays. In addition, the
Thames21 office. is closed between Christmas and New Year
- An ‘auto enrol’ Workplace Pension Scheme, with an 8% pension contribution from Thames21
- Training allowance
- Thames21 operate a flexitime system of working
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Mobile phone and laptop for company use
For more information, including the person specification, please go to our website.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and covering letter of no more than two
sides, stating your suitability for the position to: [email protected] by no
later than 5pm 14th April 2023. Interviews
will be held on Friday 28th April (subject
We appreciate the time you will have taken to apply to this role, and we do appreciate that it
is disconcerting when you don’t hear back from a role you have applied for. However, due to the
high number of applications we expect to receive, we are unable respond to or give feedback on
individual applications, but we do want to be able manage expectations.
Therefore, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that
your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.