NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Purpose of the role
The Communications Coordinator will lead the development and implementation of NRC Lebanon’s Communications Strategy in close coordination with all field teams and in support of advocacy priorities. This position will plan, coordinate and develop high quality communications products for traditional media, social media, and programs communications in both English and Arabic as appropriate. The Communications Coordinator will also facilitate building skills within the field teams to develop quality communications products in line with NRC guidelines and in compliance with donor requirements.
What you will do
- Support the development and implementation of NRC Lebanon’s Communications Strategy, based on the Country Advocacy Strategy,
- Support the development and implementation of NRC Lebanon’s communication plans under main projects and consortiums.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Lebanon and other NRC offices to develop and monitor a communications action plan that reflects use of a variety of different communications products (photos, web stories, NRC Workplace, case studies, online platforms, infographics, videos etc).
- Undertake regular travel to NRC program locations to gather content relating to NRC programs, and support program staff with communications-related activities.
- Support program teams with the development of visibility materials, ensuring these are developed in compliance with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Work closely with media and communications colleagues at the regional level to develop, coordinate and publish communications materials.
- Liaise with NRC’s grants and programs teams to ensure NRC is meeting its commitments to donors and communicating appropriately with communities.
- Participate in coordination mechanisms and forums as appropriate.
- Liaise professionally and efficiently with national and international journalists.
- Oversee NRC Lebanon’s social media outputs and manage feedback and complaints in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator.
- Develop communications-related tools, templates and trainings as needed.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
Specifically you will;
- Develop regular action plans detailing outputs and support required
- Develop and implement communication plans under NRC’s major consortiums and projects
- Upload quality photos, video, social media content and other materials on a weekly basis for use in traditional and social media
- Produce creative products that portray the humanitarian situation and needs in a manner that is dignified and focuses on the capacity of people in Lebanon for individual agency, in line with NRC guidelines.
- Provide training and on-the-job support to colleagues in field sites to develop their skills in communications, including taking quality photos and developing case studies
- Work efficiently with programs teams to develop visibility materials and other communications products that comply with NRC and donor guidelines
- Develop infographics or other visual materials as required
- Engage actively with NRC regional teams to generate ideas, publish materials and ensure NRC Lebanon’s communications are appropriate
- Support the coordination of external events and roundtables, when relevant
- Support with networking and engaging with local journalists in Lebanon
- Any other communications-related task as required or directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media, or a relevant field
- At least 3 years’ of NGO or equivalent experience working in media and communications
- Knowledge and experience in managing social media accounts
- Knowledge and experience in drafting material for traditional media
- Knowledge and experience in photography and videography, including video editing
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Written and oral fluency in Arabic and English
- Computer skills, including MS Office (photoshop, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Building meaningful relationship
- Acting with integrity
What We Offer
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.