University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
Salary: Grade 4 (£22,197 – £24,715 p.a depending on experience)
This role will be based on the university campus. We are also open to discussing flexible working arrangements.
Do you want to support our commitment to widen access for underrepresented students? Are you enthusiastic about delivering an exceptional customer service and student experience?
We are looking for a highly motivated member of staff to administrate the University’s contextual admissions schemes Access to Leeds and Realising Opportunities. The role will involve the processing of Access to Leeds applications, including confirming applicant eligibility. You will also be the first point of contact for queries from both students and teachers. The administrative support for Realising Opportunities will involve similar responsibilities in support of that scheme, with support provided to the Contextual Admissions Co-ordinator in promoting the scheme to schools.
An ability to work accurately and with great attention to detail is vital to this role. Both schemes are very busy and fast moving, so an ability to work accurately to tight deadlines while working on parallel tasks is required. You will also need excellent communications skills and enthusiasm for working in the area of Widening Participation.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme plus life assurance.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Katherine Dunlavy or Paula Sutcliffe, Contextual Admissions Lead Officers
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Professional Services
School/Institute: Educational Engagement
Category: Administrative and Clerical Support
£22,197 to £24,715
Contract Type: Ongoing
Release Date: Friday 26 May 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 11 June 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.