Please discuss with the How one can Apply for a Job (for Exterior Candidates) job assist for directions on easy methods to apply.
In case you are an energetic McGill worker (ie: presently in an energetic contract or place at McGill College), don’t apply via this Profession Web site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting utilizing the Discover Jobs report (sort Discover Jobs within the search bar).
EDPI 341 Instruction in Inclusive Faculties
Curriculum and Instruction: Growing, planning, implementing and evaluating efficient studying applications for various learners, and consideration of their extra basic applicability. Adapting curriculum and instruction for learners with various talents, studying kinds, and desires. Collaboration with college students, households, and different educators (or stakeholders) within the tutorial course of. Software of variations on the classroom and college degree for all college students in inclusive colleges.
CL Credit: 3 (This course will not be team-taught)
Variety of Positions Out there: 1
Time period: Fall 2023
Dates: Nov 6-18, 2023
Schedule: Nov 6-10 & 13-17: 3:30-6:45 (32.5hrs); Nov 18: 8:30am-12 & 1-4pm (6.5hrs). (In particular person)
Location: Kawawachikamach, QC. Journey between Montreal and Schefferville (the place the teacher will keep over the period of the course), taxi/mileage, lodging and per diems might be lined by the Workplace.
Instructing Qualification Necessities:
- Grasp’s or PhD in Academic Psychology, Human Growth, Utilized Psychology, Little one Growth, Medical Psychology, or equal (in distinctive circumstances candidates and not using a Grasp’s diploma however with important analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought of).
OFNIE Further Necessities:
- In distinctive circumstances, candidates and not using a Grasp’s diploma however with important analysis or skilled expertise associated to the course content material could also be thought of.
- Information of instructional and psychological theories
- Information of the appliance of instructional and psychological theories to genuine settings
- Expertise in school/college instructing on this topic
- Skilled expertise in instructing Ok-12
- Information of Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) necessities
- Information of the ideas of Inclusive Schooling
- Coaching and expertise working in colleges with college students with various wants
OFNIE further necessities :
- Skilled data in fact content material as outlined within the course description
- Information of the Quebec Schooling program (QEP) and the curriculum of the partnering college board with whom this course is being giving in collaboration
- Familiarity with the 13 skilled competencies specified within the Ministère de l’Éducation
- Expertise as a instructor, administrator, or advisor within the partnering college board for which this course is being delivered
- Expertise instructing within the Quebec elementary college system
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing comparable course(s) to pre-service lecturers
- Earlier profitable expertise instructing comparable programs in Indigenous communities
- Expertise creating curriculum, tutorial approaches and/or coverage grounded in Indigenous data and pedagogies.
- Information of the influence of colonialism on Indigenous communities and confirmed document integrating pedagogical approaches anchored to fairness, variety and inclusion.
- If the applicant has taught this course precisely as soon as beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable instructing evaluations on this course that meet the Division’s expectations. This requirement doesn’t apply to candidates who’ve taught the course at the least twice
- If the applicant has not taught this course beforehand, however has taught within the hiring unit beforehand, she/he will need to have had passable instructing evaluations that meet the Division’s expectations
- Adherence to evolving program necessities regarding course content material and program-developed competencies; course content material and references should mirror probably the most present advances within the subject
OFNIE further necessities :
- This course should be modified to the tutorial, social, and cultural context of the group by which it’s being delivered.
- Have to be out there to attend course coordination and planning assembly minimal of two weeks prematurely of the course begin date
- Most popular candidate can have demonstrated cultural consciousness of and sensitivity to Indigenous points in First Nations and Inuit contexts and connection to First Nations and Inuit communities
Efficient dates of appointment are Nov 6 – Dec 2, 2023. Course dates are Nov 6-18, 2023.
This course might be supplied in-person in Kawawachikamach, QC.
You might be lined by the working situations specified within the McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union collective settlement; https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/information/hr/mcliu_collective_agreement_-_final_version_for_printing_0.pdf .
The College might, at its discretion, assign an individual of its alternative to present this Course/Instructing.
McGill College is an English-language college the place most instructing and analysis actions are performed within the English Language, thereby requiring English communication each verbally and in writing.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions you could have.
Workplace of First Nations and Inuit Schooling
Instruction in Inclusive Faculties
EDPI 341 721
Nov 6-10 & 13-17: 3:30-6:45 (32.5hrs); Nov 18: 8:30am-12 & 1-4pm (6.5hrs)
Deadline to Apply:
McGill College hires on the premise of benefit and is strongly dedicated to fairness and variety inside its group. We welcome functions from racialized individuals/seen minorities, ladies, Indigenous individuals, individuals with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, in addition to from all certified candidates with the talents and data to productively interact with various communities. McGill implements an employment fairness program and encourages members of designated teams to self-identify. Individuals with disabilities who anticipate needing lodging for any a part of the appliance course of might contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this posting.