La Trobe University
- Full time
- Located at Bundoora (Melbourne) Campus
- [HEO8] – TRP $101,102 – $115,614 + 17% superannuation
About the position
Working with the Manager Digital Futures the Desktop Design Engineer, this position is responsible for the development and management of the desktop SOE Environment. The incumbent will work on OSX, Windows and Linux to ensure SOE alignment across all platforms and assist in the planning and implementation of a desktop SOE based on the agreed business needs. This includes providing second and third level operational support for the SOE and the management and support tools that are developed and used internally.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through experience, or a range of management experience, or postgraduate qualifications, or progress towards postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge or management or policy expertise to bring together diverse and sometimes conflicting information to solve new or one-off problems.
- Ability to be responsible for program/system development and implementation.
- An expert understanding of modern endpoint device management (MECM/SCCM, Azure, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Active Directory, Group Policy, JamfPro, Apple DEP/MDM, VMWare Horizon, etc.) technologies. An expert understanding of Windows operating systems, and an excellent understanding of the development and management of an enterprise SOE.
- A strong understanding of Apple operating systems, and iPadOS/iOS, an excellent understanding of the development and management of an enterprise SOE. An expert understanding of application deployment technologies and techniques including advanced knowledge of PowerShell and BASH scripting languages.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm (insert date/month, year)
Position Enquiries: Adriano Salutari [email protected]
Recruitment Enquiries: [email protected]
Position Description below:
Desktop Design Engineer – Position Description (1) (1).docx
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.