BASIS Goodyear is seeking qualified candidates for an Economics Teacher to start ASAP!
The role of the Economics Teacher (SET) is to ensure the day-to-day exceptional education of students by preparing and facilitating subject specific lesson plans. Subject Expert Teachers implement the established BASIS Curriculum while tailoring specific topics to integrate their knowledge and passion for the subject.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in subject matter (or 24+ credit hours in applicable subject matter with other degree)
- Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in subject matter or education
- 2+ years teaching/education experience
- Prepare and facilitate subject and grade specific lesson plans
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade-standard in an interactive learning environment to achieve exceptional results for all students
- Implement the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is internationally competitive
- Collaborate with other BASIS Curriculum teachers to further develop curriculum/subject material and build a community of like-minded professionals passionate about education
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, individuality, and respect in all students
- Support the execution of non-instructional functions, such as “Early Bird,” “Late Bird,” and lunch
- Maintain regular, full, predictable attendance
- Supervise individual students and/or groups of students
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators — creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and Collegial school community.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:Employer paid medical and dental insurance
Ability to add dependents
401k with partial match that grows over time
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Goodyear, AZ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.