View All Vacancies
Estates & Commercial Services
£23,149 to £25,948
Per Annum Permanent Full Time
Tuesday 23 May 2023
Wednesday 07 June 2023
Monday 12 June 2023
About the role
Staffordshire University Sport is looking for a passionate and organised sport professional to join our service. Our Sport Development team is responsible for developing a wide range of sports programmes, fixtures, activities, and events that aim to help deliver an excellent student experience, from beginners through to elite athletes. Working within the sports development team, you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting our 25 student sports clubs to enable a diverse club programme to offer to our student population. Working closely and effectively with the sports club committees and club coaches to ensure fixtures and activities are efficiently planned and delivered. We’re looking for someone who is well organised and has the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities. You will be a confident communicator, building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
The role plays a central part in the organisation and administrative support of the student Sports teams and Clubs representing Staffordshire University Sport in competitions such as British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS). You will lead on the day-to-day administration, coordination, and operation of the individual Sports Teams
The main responsibilities for our Sports Development Co-ordinator will be to:
- Act as the main British University and College Sport (BUCS) contact for opposing teams and institutions to arrange BUCS sport fixtures including facilities/accommodation, transport, and match officials.
- Assist with the administration of local, regional, and national league fixtures which utilise the universities facilities.
- Enter teams/individuals and process requests via BUCS central platforms and ensure the relevant affiliations to National Governing Bodies (NGBs) are completed within BUCS deadlines.
- Prepare information packs for committees and club coaches which include rules, regulations, and relevant forms/policies.
- Be the first point of contact for enquires from sport committees, team members and club coaches providing high quality customer service and general support.
- Represent Staffordshire University Sport in partnership meetings, in particular BUCS meetings.
Who is Staffordshire University?
Staffordshire University is an award-winning institution with over 100 years’ experience in delivering excellent higher education. Our main Stoke-on-Trent campus is located in the heart of the UK, with Centres of Excellence located in the towns of Stafford and Shrewsbury.
After a highly successful year in 2019, which included entering THE World University rankings for the first time, securing TEF Gold, and climbing in all the league tables, our University has constantly expanded its physical presence through new and industry-leading building developments and facilities. Looking towards our 2030 strategy, we are now transforming specific business processes to improve the student experience and integrate a wider feeling of inclusion and safety for our on-campus community.
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your dedication we have a competitive benefits package available
• Competitive incremental rates of Pay
• 32 days Annual Leave plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
• Excellent Pension Scheme
• Access to continued professional and personal development
• An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
• Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.
Staffordshire University is committed to promoting and enabling a positive culture where staff, students and visitors are confident to be their authentic selves. We focus on inclusion as a way to ensure equality of opportunity for all our people and to demonstrate our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Human Rights.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, regardless of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits a diverse organisation can bring for the University.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, who are currently under-represented in the University workforce.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.