EIT Innovation Communities are designed as pan-European partnerships that bring together business, research centres and universities with the aim to tackle major societal challenges in areas with high innovation potential. To find out more, please visit www.eit.europa.eu.
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) recently launched the building of the Innovation Community Manufacturing. EIT Manufacturing’s mission is to bring European manufacturing actors together in innovation ecosystems that add unique value to European products, processes, services – and inspire the creation of globally competitive and sustainable manufacturing. www.eitmanufacturing.eu.
EIT Manufacturing now invites applications for the position of Education Manager, Full time position at EIT Manufacturing South in Milan (Italy).
The EIT Manufacturing Education aims at increasing the innovation and entrepreneurial capacity in Europe through attracting, educating, skilling and upskilling individuals: students, workers and professionals. The Education programs and activities contribute to the EIT Manufacturing Strategic Agenda’s objectives, key performance indicators and impact.
Education focuses on humans: engage, connect and empower them to become the backbone of a strong European Manufacturing Innovation Community; a prosperous and inclusive society.
Education in EIT Manufacturing is aligned with the objectives, principles and quality requirements of the European Institute for Innovation and Technology Label. The education pillar has developed several programs and assets to support the education of students, upskilling and reskilling of the manufacturing employees/professionals aiming at becoming financially sustainable after the initial investment. They include among others Digital Learning and Teaching Factories’ marketplace, Digital Learning Platform ”Skills.Move”; EIT Labelled programs for Master, Doctorates, Fellowships, and Non-Degree.
About the Co-Location Center South (CLC South)
The CLC South is an integral part of the KIC’s governance and fosters connectivity with local ecosystems through the provision of physical spaces for interaction. It initiates, hosts and implements the various KIC’s activities and provides a platform for discussion of innovative ideas. The CLC South identifies and builds new possibilities to further substantiate the KIC’s long-term sustainability and are actively involved in helping to secure funding for Innovation, Education and Business Creation activities. The CLC South also identifies and exploits promising opportunities for cross-CLC activities.
About the position
In your capacity as Education Manager, you are accountable for the effective development, promotion, sales, and uptake of the EIT Manufacturing Education services and programs in the nations represented by the Co-Location South (CLC), which include Israel, Italy, Switzerland, Malta, and the Western Balkans (Bosnia & Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro).The chosen candidate will be in charge of creating, directing, and growing the local EIT Manufacturing education ecosystem, which consists of students, academic institutions, RTOs, commercial enterprises, and training distributors. Further she/he will develop a strong understanding of the education and upskilling business in the area of manufacturing across covered countries; collaborate with the Education Team and with the partners to enhance the EIT Manufacturing education offer; create and leverage business partnerships to reach the objectives in terms of registered students, students that become entrepreneurs and upskilled talents.
As Education Manager in CLC South you will collaborate with the local team to actively integrate the Education perspective and contribution with Innovation and Business Creation, within the local ecosystem and innovation community.
Missions and key Accountabilities
- Develop, promote, sell, and foster the uptake of the EIT Manufacturing Education services and programs in the nations represented by the Co-Location Center South (CLC), through the creation, management and maintenance of the local EIT Manufacturing education ecosystem (including, among others, students, universities, RTOs, industrial companies and training providers and distributors);
- Contribute to the achievement of EIT Manufacturing education objectives, and targets, such as registered students, students that become entrepreneurs, upskilled talents, and revenues;
- Entice students and clients to enroll in EIT Labelled programs and integrate them into the EIT Manufacturing community;
- Support the dissemination and promotion of EIT Manufacturing Education funded activities at the local level, building awareness and participation in training programs;
- Contribute to the implementation of the education strategy of EIT Manufacturing in collaboration with other departments;
- Develop strategic partnerships, with key Education content providers, distributors and other relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) or MBA with majors in business management, engineering, commerce, entrepreneurship, Project/Programme Management of education or training activities or relevant work experience;
- Good command of IT tools (Office, web collaborative tools, Learning Management Systems);
- Fluent in English and Italian. Proficiency in additional European languages is a plus.
- Expertise in the field of education and training;
- Knowledge of the manufacturing sector is considered as a plus;
- Experience in promotion, sales, and uptake of (ideally) education programs;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in education and training, technology markets and/or innovation management;
- Established network of relevant stakeholders from industry and academia in the relevant countries;
- Experience with European Commission funded programs (e.g., Horizon Europe programs) will be considered as a plus.
- You are passionate and goal oriented;
- You have the capacity to create solid networks and connections;
- You think creatively and strategically;
- You have exceptional project management abilities and a track record of delivering results;
- Your communication abilities are excellent;
- You enjoy working in matrix and multinational organisations;
- You are proactive, independent and trustworthy.
- a full-time employment contract under the labour law of Italy;
- fast and flat processes, straight internal communication, low hierarchies, and freedom to operate;
- a friendly atmosphere within a dynamic team at modern and well-located office facilities.
The main role location will be at EIT Manufacturing CLC (Co-location Center) South, in Milan (Italy) or other CLC local offices (e.g. Bari) with the possibility of traveling for meetings or events taking place across Europe.
EIT Manufacturing values diversity and applies policies of equal opportunities. We welcome applications without discrimination, on any grounds. Candidates considering their interests having been prejudiced by a decision in a selection process may request a review of, or launch an appeal against, the decision adversely affecting them.
A Selection Committee will be appointed to carry out the evaluation of applications submitted. Please note that the Selection Committee´s internal proceedings are strictly confidential.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview at EIT Manufacturing with the Director of Education and the CLC South Director. Candidates may be asked to provide proof of qualifications, background, skills, and experiences by providing relevant documents.
Protection of personal data
Candidates’ personal data are processed as required by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation). For more information, please check the privacy statement on recruitment available Privacy Notice.
A complete application should consist of:
- a full Curriculum Vitae;
- a Cover Letter describing briefly how you meet the criteria outlined and your vision for the role.
The application should be sent via e-mail to: [email protected] with subject header “EIT Manufacturing – Education Manager CLC South (Milan)”.
The application should be written in English. Only complete applications will be evaluated.
Closing date is 30 June 2023.
For further information, please contact [email protected].
Please join us on this exciting journey. Send us your application now!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.