University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
Are you an experienced electronic and electrical engineering technician with proven management abilities? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge as part of one of the leading Schools of Electronic and Electrical Engineering in the country? Do you want to make a difference to world class research and teaching activities?
We are looking for a professional and proactive individual with good team working ethos to join our technical team in the School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering to act as first point of contact to ensure a professional technical service is provided.
In this varied and interesting role, you will strengthen our technical services and teaching capabilities by providing specialised technical expertise and leading the management and development of our team of technicians. As well as day to technical management, you will work with students, and academics, to provide advice and support on the many and varied projects undergraduate and postgraduate students in Electronic and Electrical Engineering undertake.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme plus life assurance – the University contributes 21.6% of salary.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Dr Sarah Myers, Technical Officer
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 8191 or email: [email protected]
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences
School/Institute: School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
Category: Technical Support
£36,333 to £43,155
Working Time: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Ongoing
Release Date: Monday 22 May 2023
Closing Date: Monday 12 June 2023
Downloads: Candidate Brief
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.