As a college based to be a spot the place “…any particular person can discover instruction in any examine,” variety and inclusion are on the core of our values and mission. We attempt to be a welcoming, caring, wholesome, and equitable group the place college students, school, and employees with totally different backgrounds, views, talents, and experiences can be taught, innovate, and work in an atmosphere of respect, and really feel empowered to interact in any group dialog. As a member of the Cornell College group, it is very important acknowledge our shared accountability to one another to domesticate a tradition of inclusion for all. Cornell Core values.
As a individuals supervisor and college chief you’ll mannequin and assist a tradition of variety, fairness, inclusion, and wellbeing by fostering an atmosphere the place everybody has the flexibility to thrive and navigate work and life’s challenges as a result of they really feel like they belong and have the instruments and assist they want.
Whereas place tasks fluctuate vastly, the Expertise for Success and Management Expertise for Success are foundational to what’s anticipated of each worker and chief working at Cornell. These abilities are important for particular person and organizational success. Workers Expertise for Success; Management Expertise for Success.
Cornell College’s Faculty of Engineering (CoE), the preeminent engineering college within the Ivy League, has a wealthy historical past of experimentation, innovation, and management. Consisting of virtually 3,000 undergraduate college students, 1,700 graduate college students, and over 200 school members, Cornell Engineering is acknowledged as a worldwide chief within the discovery of latest data and the creation of remodeling innovations. Cornell Engineering college students and school members possess an unbiased spirit that permits for the event of modern interdisciplinary analysis, the creation of thrilling new packages, and the schooling of scholars who will higher the long run.
The CoE Services group is liable for all services supporting CoE together with 14 main buildings and over 1.4M sq. toes. Duties embrace house planning, renovations, new development, arranging repairs, executing an efficient preventative upkeep program and finishing up upkeep tasks that can enhance long run reliability and scale back restore and/or vitality prices. We lead main constructing tasks plus a number of renovations yearly which can be key to recruiting the very best college students and school, retaining key school, advancing analysis innovation, enhancing studying environments and sustaining long run CoE strategic objectives.
Cornell Engineering has a protracted and storied historical past of distinction, creativity and impression. The departments of mechanic arts (now mechanical engineering) and civil engineering date to the College’s founding. The Faculty established the nation’s first electrical engineering division in 1889 and awarded the nation’s first doctorates in each electrical and industrial engineering. Its legacy continues to at the present time, as Cornell Engineering brings collectively the very best minds from throughout disciplines to invent disruptive applied sciences and uncover novel options to advanced and difficult issues. The faculty is a worldwide chief in analysis, instructing, and advancing variety within the subject. Cornell Engineering can be a key collaborator throughout the wealthy interdisciplinary panorama at Cornell College, taking part in a job in the entire college’s Radical Collaborations to handle society’s most difficult issues. The faculty enrolls a various and gifted pupil physique that features 3,200+ undergraduate college students and 2100+ graduate college students, and it has over 46,600 residing alumni across the globe. Cornell Engineering can be dwelling to a various, collaborative, gifted and devoted 200+ tenured and tenure-track school, plus analysis school and professors of apply who work every day to vary the world. School span 10 departments, colleges and packages with a footprint in each Ithaca and New York Metropolis.
What you’ll do:
Whereas place tasks fluctuate, all individuals leaders are anticipated to foster a tradition of belonging and a psychologically wholesome work atmosphere by being reliable; respecting all people; being versatile; supporting work/life integration in addition to wholesome boundaries; inviting new concepts, alternate options, and views; talking up and taking motion if others are being excluded or handled inappropriately; and recognizing the contributions of others.
Reporting to the Faculty of Engineering Director of Services and with normal oversight from the Environmental, Well being and Security Division (EH&S), the Engineering Security Supervisor is liable for overseeing the security, well being, environmental, and dangerous materials administration packages for items occupying engineering areas and for instantly managing the security programs and packages in Duffield Corridor. The Services group and this place specifically assist a diversified and complicated array of 14 main buildings containing 13 Engineering departments, a number of analysis facilities, and different items. One among these buildings, Duffield Corridor, is a multidisciplinary analysis and instructing facility with state‐of‐the‐artwork labs targeted on nanoscience and nanotechnology.
The first perform of this place is to supply management, steering and coordination within the administration of environmental, well being and security packages to make sure compliance with native, state and federal rules. The Security Supervisor supplies direct oversight and enforcement of security‐associated actions by creating, implementing and managing procedures that promote a secure, healthful and compliant work atmosphere for school, employees, college students, and guests. They supply technical environmental, well being and security (EHS) assist for multidisciplinary analysis and instructing services with state‐of‐the‐artwork labs concerned in nanoscience, biomedical engineering, vitality, superior supplies, programs, computation and different analysis areas. The incumbent has or engages experience on technical points and acts as a liaison to the EH&S division.
This place is crucial in shaping the general environmental, well being and security tradition within the supported items and essentially impacts the success of a variety of instructing, analysis and extension actions. They’ve tasks to provoke, oversee and monitor packages, procedures, and insurance policies together with however not restricted to:
• Having possession and technical, and upkeep accountability for poisonous gasoline monitoring (TGMS) and management programs in numerous buildings all through the faculty. Act as major responder for TGMS occasions.
• Environmental, well being and security coaching
• Chemical stock
• Security and working procedures
• Critiques, inspections, and audits
• Security committees and group security consultant packages
• Emergency administration planning
The particular person on this place instantly manages Duffield Corridor security programs and packages together with:
• Having possession and technical accountability for a constructing‐vast poisonous gasoline monitoring and management system
• Main the constructing security committee in conducting hazard critiques and different actions
• Overseeing hazardous waste assortment and processing
• Guaranteeing efficient emergency response
• Offering specialised lab person security coaching
The Security Supervisor coordinates with college, school, and division directors; school, college students, employees and different facility and lab customers; regulatory officers; and EH&S employees. They take part in efficiency evaluations and is anticipated to assist college, school, and organizations’ strategic mission, values, and sustainability objectives.
What we want:
• Expertise in and/or demonstrated dedication to supporting variety, fairness, entry, inclusion, and wellbeing.
• Demonstrated talent in understanding of cultural variations.
• BS in engineering, bodily/life science, security, industrial hygiene, environmental, or associated subject.
• Three to 5 years associated working expertise in analysis, laboratories, and/or EHS assist for laboratories.
• Direct expertise with and powerful background in industrial or tutorial security packages, environmental compliance, use of poisonous gases, dealing with of chemical substances, transport of hazardous waste, and clear rooms.
• Robust data of constructing and fireplace code, specifically the necessities for H rated areas, laboratories, and chemical storage.
• Good pc abilities together with demonstrated use of Microsoft Phrase, Excel and Energy Level at a minimal.
• Wonderful written and oral communication, diplomacy, downside fixing, and challenge administration abilities.
• Confirmed monitor file of finishing work on time.
• Skill to work in a various tradition.
What we want:
• MS in engineering, bodily/life science, security, industrial hygiene, environmental, or associated subject.
• Particular EHS certification(s), data, and/or expertise:
o Certification in security (CSP), industrial hygiene (CIH, CHMM), environmental or intently associated space.
o Useful resource Conservation and Restoration Act (RCRA) coaching on hazardous waste management.
o EHS audit expertise.
o Expertise with EHS administration programs reminiscent of ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18000, ANSI Z10 or VPP.
o Robust data and expertise in laboratory and/or occupational security.
• Expertise utilizing Cority for incident reporting, follow-up actions, and assigning duties,
• Expertise in Vertere (or comparable) for chemical inventorying
• Expertise in CU Be taught (Saba) or different comparable studying administration packages.
• Vital EHS expertise in a college setting.
• Robust data and/or expertise in hazardous materials dealing with and spill/launch response.
• Technical experience in nanotechnology, security programs, and clear rooms design/operations.
Rewards and Advantages:
• This place is situated in Ithaca, New York. The place will usually permit for the flexibleness to work remotely 1 days per week at a location of worker’s selecting inside america. The New York Comfort of employer pointers require New York State particular person tax reporting and withholdings for this place. Further particular person state revenue tax filings might also be required if working quickly outdoors New York State.
• Cornell receives nationwide recognition as an award-winning office for our well being, wellbeing, sustainability, and variety initiatives.
• Our advantages packages embrace complete well being care choices, beneficiant retirement contributions, entry to wellness packages, and worker reductions with native and nationwide retail manufacturers. We invite you to observe this hyperlink to get extra details about our advantages: https://hr.cornell.edu/benefits-pay .
• Our go away provisions embrace three weeks of trip and 13 holidays: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, and an finish of the 12 months winter break from December 25-January 1.
• Cornell’s spectacular instructional advantages embrace tuition-free Extramural Research and Worker Diploma Program, tuition support for exterior schooling, and Cornell Kids’s Tuition Help Program.
• Observe this hyperlink to be taught extra in regards to the Whole Rewards of Working at Cornell: https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/your-total-rewards .
Essential Notes about Making use of
• Please submit each a canopy letter and a résumé to be thought of for this place.
• Functions will probably be reviewed, and interviews will probably be carried out on a rolling foundation.
• There isn’t any relocation help obtainable for this place.
• There isn’t any visa sponsorship obtainable for this place.
Familiarize your self with Cornell’s COVID-19 office steering in addition to the college’s COVID-19 companies and knowledge .
College Job Title:
Surroundings Well being & Security Specialist II
Services & Security Providers
Pay Fee Sort:
$89,683.00 – $109,613.00
Distant Choice Availability:
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
Famous pay ranges replicate the potential pay alternative for every job profile. The hiring fee of pay for the profitable candidate will probably be decided contemplating the next standards:
Prior related work or business expertise
Schooling degree to the extent schooling is related to the place
Distinctive relevant abilities
Tutorial Self-discipline (school pay ranges displays 9-month annual wage)
To be taught extra about Cornell’s non-union employees job titles and pay ranges, see Profession Navigator .
The hiring fee of pay for the profitable candidate will probably be decided in accordance with the charges within the respective collective bargaining settlement. To be taught extra about Cornell’s union wages, see Union Pay Charges .
In case you presently work at Cornell College, please exit this web site and log in to Workday utilizing your Internet ID and password. Choose the Profession icon in your Residence dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
On-line Submission Pointers:
Most positions at Cornell would require you to use on-line and submit each a resume/CV and canopy letter. You may add paperwork both by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by utilizing the “add” icon on the applying web page. For extra detailed directions on methods to apply to a job at Cornell, go to How We Rent on the HR web site.
For normal questions in regards to the place or the applying course of, please contact the Recruiter listed within the job posting or e-mail [email protected] .
In case you require an lodging for a incapacity with the intention to full an employment software or to take part within the recruiting course of, you’re inspired to contact Cornell College’s Workplace of Institutional Fairness and Title IX at voice (607) 255-2242, or e-mail at [email protected] .
Candidates that do not need web entry are inspired to go to your native library, or native Division of Labor. You might also request an appointment to make use of a devoted workstation within the Workplace of Expertise Attraction and Recruitment, on the Ithaca campus, by emailing [email protected] .
Discover to Candidates:
Please learn the required Discover to Candidates assertion by clicking right here . This discover incorporates necessary details about making use of for a place at Cornell in addition to a few of your rights and tasks as an applicant.
Range and Inclusion are part of Cornell College’s heritage. We’re a acknowledged employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, and we don’t tolerate discrimination primarily based on any protected attribute, together with race, ethnic or nationwide origin, citizenship and immigration standing, coloration, intercourse/gender, being pregnant or pregnancy-related circumstances, age, creed, faith, precise or perceived incapacity (together with individuals related to such an individual), arrest and/or conviction file, army or veteran standing, sexual orientation, gender expression and/or identification, a person’s genetic data, home violence sufferer standing, familial standing, marital standing, or some other attribute protected by relevant federal, state, or native legislation. We additionally acknowledge a lawful choice in employment practices for Native People residing on or close to Indian reservations in accordance with relevant legislation.
Cornell College embraces variety and seeks candidates who will contribute to a local weather that helps college students, school, and employees to all identities and backgrounds. We encourage people from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to use.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.