With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As the Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action (ESCA) Advisor, you will:
- Support the implementation of the Environmental Stewardship Management Policy across World Vision (WV). This will involve building the Regions’ and Fields’ capability to resource and implement ESCA programming, reduce our environmental footprint and launch climate advocacy initiatives.
- Support Regional and Field offices to improve the integration of ESCA programming and build their capacity to do so.
- Contribute to the management of the ESCA Community of Practice and ESCA websites
- Contribute to WV’s global evidence agenda on ESCA and capturing evidence of impact in ESCA programs
- Support external engagement related to WV’s ESCA programming.
- Master’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, agro-ecology, international development, social sciences, or any related field
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in International Development, including at least 2 years direct field experience involving programme related work
- Strong understanding of ESCA, development and humanitarian industry
- Detailed knowledge of NGO Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action programming and how to apply it.
- Proven track record of growing communities of practice.
- Experience of working in stable and fragile developing countries
- Experience in development of projects, training materials, conducting training (face to face and online) and providing technical assistance.
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply online. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.