Job Title: Evaluation Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Nutrition and Client Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Labor Status: Union
Approved By/Date: Senior Director of Programs; 3/10/2023
Starting Pay: $20.00/hour
Massachusetts’ free, home-delivered meals program for the critically and chronically ill has an opening for an Evaluation and Support Specialist. Community Servings is a non-profit food and nutrition program focused on the nutritional needs of underserved populations across the state. Over the past 33 years, we have delivered over 10 million free, scratch-made meals to individuals experiencing chronic and critical illnesses in the context of medical nutrition therapy.
The Evaluation and Support Specialist will assist in the assessment of the impact of our medically tailored meal intervention. This work will focus on completing telephonic surveys for clients before, during, and after their meal contract with the agency. The Evaluation and Support Specialist will be charged with providing clients guidance around additional food resources when appropriate. This role will also focus on collecting demographics and other client data upon intake with the goal of ongoing evaluation and reporting on health equity, food security, and other impacts. This role will involve collaborative efforts with both the Program and Research and Evaluation Teams, as well as external referral partners. This is a full-time position.
Community Servings knows that diversity drives excellence. We are a place where everyone is welcome. We celebrate, promote, and derive strength from a diversity of lived experiences. We actively seek and encourage an inclusive workforce.
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct telephonic enrollment, discharge, and follow-up surveys for clients
- Review and submit quarterly data reports to healthcare referral partners
- Coordinates client care with healthcare partners as needed
- Provide guidance around additional food resources
- Assist clients with SNAP enrollment as needed
- Assists in other Evaluation, Research, or Program areas on request
- Coordinates and communicates with the Research, Client Services, Nutrition, and Business Development teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated telephone, verbal, and written skills
- Must be able to work independently, collaborate with colleagues, and build relationships with partner organizations to effectively support Community Servings’ client base
- Evening and weekend availability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience using Salesforce software a plus
- Must be a self-starter with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Bilingual speaking ability (Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian or Cape Verdean Creole) is a plus
- Experience in community health, research and food access is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate skills in interpersonal relations in order to effectively communicate with a multicultural population
- Proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination status
- Able to successfully pass a criminal background check upon hire. Community Servings is a CORI-friendly employer.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in direct customer service
We offer a complete benefits program including:
- Medical Insurance
- Life-, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Time, and Personal Time off
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Daycare)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Free Dental Insurance
- Free daily community lunch
- Free Parking
- Free mindful breathing and Yoga classes
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use their hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is routinely required to stand and walk.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.