Southern Cross University
- Seeking expressions of interest for our Infrastructure and Platform teams
- Flexible, inclusive work environment with generous remuneration and benefits
- Location choices include remote or hybrid options available for the right person
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow . Our gamechanging new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunities
Southern Cross University is expanding its Technology Services team and is seeking expressions of interest from motivated Infrastructure and Platform Engineers with all levels of experience.
If you want to grow your career within a university environment and work with one or all of the following technologies: enterprise-grade routers, switches, firewalls, wireless infrastructure, cloud services (Azure, O365 applications), Active Directory, Windows and Unix operating systems, DNS and DHCP, this opportunity may be for you.
In addition to providing operational support for a broad range of ICT technologies, we have embarked on a significant infrastructure transformation program of works..
Come and be a part of a vibrant, collaborative team keen to deliver solution-orientated innovations that are transforming tomorrow.
You will bring experience in infrastructure and/or platform engineering and be passionate about continuously improving technology capabilities. You will be able to demonstrate experience in hands-on configuration and solution delivery with infrastructure and platform technologies.
In addition, you will have:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree and experience designing and implementing network infrastructure, cloud, and platform solutions.
- Ability to solve complex problems in relation to the availability and provision of services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead or contribute to a multi-disciplinary team responsible for various infrastructure and platform technologies.
- Ability to explore, identify and develop technology initiatives to enhance the University’s broader technology services potential.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, present and update as-built technical documents and workflows, procedures, and standards.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, advise and constructively engage with a range of experts and stakeholders at all levels.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
- A range of fixed-term positions are available for up to 3 years with possible extension
- Located at either the Gold Coast or Lismore campus, hybrid work is available to our employees, remote work requests may be considered for the right candidates.
- HEW Level 6 salary range $85,037 – $93,316 plus 17% employers superannuation contribution
- HEW Level 7 salary range $96,088 – $104,376 plus 17% employers superannuation contribution
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online with their CV and will be asked to stipulate their location and availability during the application process. Applications will remain current for 6 months. You will be contacted directly should a suitable vacancy become available. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website . If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for these opportunities.
Applications close Thursday 16 April, 11:30pm AEST.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Peter Kurtz
Phone: 0410 465 244
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.