Oxford Brookes University
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY.
An exciting secondment opportunity has arisen for providing strategic support, analysis, and insight at the university, supporting the Faculty of Technology, Design, and Environment. The post sits in the Strategic Change and Planning division (SCAP) of the ASA directorate.
This is a part time, 0.8FTE, post, fixed term for 1 year. Please note, if you intend to apply for this secondment you should inform your line manager.
As Faculty Planning Partner you should expect to:
- Work with a dedicated faculty (TDE) to support the development of academic strategy and resource planning
- Provide analysis and insight to support decision-making, for example in recruitment, portfolio, and financial planning, as well as monitoring and reporting on past and current performance
- Work closely with colleagues, including at senior levels, across the university, especially building links between Faculty, Faculty-associated, and SCAP stakeholders
- Collaborate with SCAP colleagues to share knowledge and optimise working practices and resources.
This would suit someone who:
- Would relish a generalist role, combining intelligence, intellectual confidence, strong analytical skills, organisational understanding, and excellent communication skills
- Is comfortable with quantitative and qualitative data, for example recruitment data, financial data, performance indicators, business plans, and survey results, and communicating results in a simple way
- Understands how large complex organisations operate and the implications for planning and strategic decision-making
- Has worked effectively with senior managers
- Has meticulous attention to detail, with good organisational and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Has a proactive approach and is open to innovation.
The team have a hybrid working arrangement with a mixture of on campus and home working.
Please contact Salma Craig, [email protected], Head of Strategic Planning and Market Intelligence, for an informal conversation about this post.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document ‘All about Brookes’ below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the post of Faculty Planning Partner to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.