Liverpool John Moores University
£29,762 – £35,308 per annum
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) is a distinctive, unique institution, rooted in the Liverpool City Region and with a global presence. Our students and staff, past, present, and future, are the beating heart of our city and can be found in every corner of every industry and community. We couldn’t exist anywhere else and have shaped the city in which we belong. Working with the people of Liverpool to improve lives and support communities is at the heart of why we were founded and why we exist today.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Administrator to support the Head of Operations and other managers in the Faculty of Health. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage, but as importantly you will be self-motivated, pro-active, possess excellent administrative and IT skills and be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
What will you be doing?
- Establishing effective working strategies to support key activities and ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
- Managing administrative systems and processes within the Faculty and across the University.
- Production of accurate, timely and relevant information and statistics to inform decision-making and for incorporation into documentation.
- Provide help and support to PVC, Directors and their teams on a range of ad hoc and longer term projects and pieces of work
- Providing advice and support to ensure compliance with University regulations and agreed schedules and deadlines. To lead on the training and development of colleagues in these requirements.
- Providing general help and advice to students, academic staff and other colleagues in relation to University policies and procedures.
The Faculty of Health is growing across a range of disciplines to meet the demands of health care across our communities. More information about the Faculty is available at ljmu.ac.uk/about-us/faculties/faculty-of-health .
What are we looking for? The Senior Administrator will have:
- Demonstrable experience with a wide range of stakeholders
- Efficient IT skills with significant experience in using databases and competent in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with great attention to detail
- A high level of discretion and integrity
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
In return, we offer an excellent benefits package including generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme, induction and development support as well as family-friendly policies.
This is an exciting time to join LJMU in our bicentenary year and with the launch of our new strategic plan.
If you feel that this is the role you have been looking for and your skills and experience can make a real difference at LJMU, we look forward to hearing from you.
LJMU is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all background and communities irrespective of age, transgender status, disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and religion or belief. All our appointments are made on merit.
Informal enquiries can be made to Andy Walne, Head of Faculty Operations, [email protected]
Please note all of our vacancies will be closed to applications at midnight on the advertised closing date, unless otherwise stated.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.