UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
The Meals and Agriculture Group (FAO) is a specialised company of the United Nations that leads worldwide efforts to defeat starvation. Our aim is to attain meals safety for all and make it possible for individuals have common entry to sufficient high-quality meals to guide energetic, wholesome lives. With 195 members – 194 nations and the European Union, FAO works in over 130 nations worldwide to advertise higher manufacturing, higher vitamin and higher atmosphere for a greater life.
The FAO Coordination Workplace for the West Financial institution and Gaza Strip Programme implements the Nation Programming Framework for Palestine to boost the wellbeing of Palestinian individuals by making the agrifood system extra environment friendly, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable in alignment with nationwide insurance policies and techniques and the United Nations Sustainable Growth Cooperation Framework (UNSCDF).
Duties and Tasks
Below the general supervision of the FAO WBGS Head of Workplace, and direct supervision of the FAO WBGS Head of Programme in shut session with the respective Challenge Managers, the Gender Analyst will carry out the duties and duties indicated under in assist of the FAO’s programme implementation:
· Coordinate the implementation of gender associated actions underneath FAO programme as required; this consists of main the efforts in direction of high quality, implementation of initiatives that handle ladies empowerment and gender equality dimensions;
· Guarantee full gender mainstreaming within the initiatives’ actions; set up continued interplay and dialogue with focused beneficiary communities, farmers and girls’s teams in addition to different related native actors to make sure participation and native possession within the challenge’s goals and actions with explicit give attention to gender dimensions;
· Gather, consolidate and analyse associated knowledge and knowledge wanted to make sure evidence-based design, implementation, and monitoring of the gender mainstreaming actions; design and help within the implementation of the sphere actions aiming at continued studying, information technology and dissemination all through the initiatives’ implementation;
· Help within the definition and drafting of ToRs, LoAs, utility types, choice standards, communication and knowledge merchandise, coaching packages and different associated programmatic actions to make sure gender mainstreaming and inclusion consistent with the related company tips;
· Help the preparation for and actively take part within the initiatives’ conferences,workshops, focus teams and different subject actions as wanted and; draft, enrich, and overview info supplies, progress, and terminal studies as required;
· Present day-today help within the beneficiary choice course of for the totally different initiatives based mostly on the set choice standards, whereas making certain gender equality, fairness and mainstreaming ideas and practices following associated FAO tips;
· Conduct subject visits as wanted with the intention to assess, measure and doc output stage achievements and affect of the various kinds of FAO’s interventions and subject actions specializing in gender steadiness and inclusion;
· Design and help within the implementation of the gender associated studying, information technology and dissemination actions;
· Develop common perception studies and briefs on recognized wants and priorities from the group and gender perspective and elaborate approaches for programming making certain that the wants of rural ladies, ladies, males, and boys are considered. This consists of aiding within the growth and overview of challenge ideas, paperwork and studies with gender and group lenses;
· Help and actively take part within the programme and challenge’s formulation to make sure full gender steadiness and transformation consistent with FAO’s insurance policies and tips.
· Draft, enrich, and overview info supplies, progress/terminal studies and challenge paperwork as required;
· Work together and liaise with group representatives, beneficiaries, farmers, ladies associations, the non-public sector and associated companions, together with the Ministry of Agriculture, to make sure participation and native possession within the challenge’s goals and actions with a selected give attention to gender dimensions; and constantly determine and report on the group and gender-focused wants and priorities in addition to defining resilience-building socio-economic alternatives on the group and institutional stage;
· Act as Gender Focal Level and contribute to the implementation of the FAO Coverage on Gender Equality and its minimal requirements. The GFP is anticipated to coordinate with the FAO Regional Gender Officer (to make sure the consistency of FAO’s gender work on the regional stage) and collaborate the regional community of Gender Focal Factors (to facilitate studying and information change throughout the area).
· Help in constructing the challenge workers’s and companions’ capability in understanding and making use of approaches, instruments, and finest practices in relation to gender fairness, equality and mainstreaming whereas selling the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA);
· Carry out different duties as and when requested.
The important thing outcomes have an effect on the supply of the programme when it comes to high quality and accuracy of gender inclusion work. Correct info administration, evaluation and presentation and a client-oriented strategy enhances FAO’s functionality to successfully and effectively handle challenge’s actions whereas making certain high quality implementation of initiatives and efficient gender inclusion and mainstreaming in contribution to the attainment of FAP CPF in direction of progressing SDG 1 and SDG 2 amongst different related SDGs.
FAO Core Competencies:
• Outcomes Focus
• Constructing Efficient Relationships • Information Sharing and Steady Enchancment
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and moral requirements,
· Promotes the imaginative and prescient, mission, and strategic objectives of FAO,
· Shows cultural, gender, faith, race, nationality and age sensitivity and flexibility,
· Treats all individuals pretty with out favoritism.
Information Administration and Studying:
· Promotes a information sharing and studying tradition within the workplace.
· Actively works in direction of persevering with private studying and growth in a number of Follow Areas, acts on studying plan and applies newly acquired abilities. Operational Effectiveness:
· Means to use conceptual fashions in assist of formulation, implementation, monitoring and analysis of initiatives, · Sturdy IT abilities. Administration and Management:
· Focuses on affect and consequence for the consumer and responds positively to suggestions, · Constantly approaches work with vitality and a optimistic, constructive perspective,
· Demonstrates sturdy oral and written communication abilities,
· Stays calm, in management and good humored even underneath strain,
· Demonstrates openness to alter and talent to handle complexities.
· Successfully communicates related challenge info to superiors,
· Delivers participating, informative and well-organized shows,
· Demonstrated means to work in a group, and interpersonal abilities.
Required Expertise and Expertise
A Grasp’s or a Bachelor’s diploma in a subject related to the required duties (i.e. gender, developmental research, social research, agriculture, or associated fields).
· No less than 4 years (for the Grasp’s diploma) and 6 years (for the Bachelor’s diploma) of expertise in ladies socio-economic empowerment and gender mainstreaming, this could embody amongst others confirmed expertise in offering gender associated assist for the implementation and/or growth of emergency and/or developmental programmes/initiatives associated to ladies empowerment and gender mainstreaming.
· Demonstrated abilities in coordinating gender actions, constructing capability, and offering technical coaching to workers and companions in relation to gender.
· Demonstrated analytical skills to gather, interpret, and synthesize complicated gender-related knowledge, producing actionable insights and proposals for program growth and/or implementation.
· Confirmed information in challenge cycle administration, aligning initiatives with gender tips, and making certain inclusion, fairness, and transformative change.
· Wonderful reporting and communication abilities in each Arabic and English.
· Skilled abilities in normal laptop purposes.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE COMPLETED UNDP P-11 FORM WILL BE TREATED AS INCOMPLETE AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
UNDP P11 form (new Personal History form) (google.com). Kindly guarantee to add each CV and P-11 as one doc because the system will solely permit one attachment.
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.