This is an exciting opportunity join the Support Services team within the East England Forest
District at Forestry England.
As Finance Administrator, you will be part of a small Finance team who process District
Financial transactions to include: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger
transactions and Cash Accounts.
The successful candidate will be based in the admin office located at the district’s head
office at Santon Downham, Brandon, Suffolk, IP27 0TJ. The daily working hours will be Monday to
Thursday 8:30am to 4:30pm and Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm.
East England Forest District employs over 170 staff and covers an area of 35,000 ha from North
Norfolk to Brighton. The district’s woodlands are varied and range from the conifer plantations
of Thetford Forest to the Ancient woodlands of the South East and the community woodlands of
Thames Chase on the outskirts of London. The woodlands are important for timber production and
conservation, with a substantial proportion of the landholding designated a Site of Special
Scientific Interest (SSSI) and offer opportunities for a wide range of recreation from the
informal use of open access woodland to the adventurous play and trails at Forest Centres at
Bedgebury, Wendover and High Lodge.
Your role within the District team will be to process Financial transactions, to include
Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Cash Account, whilst ensuring Policy
and Procedures are followed at all times.
You will utilise ‘eFinancials’ our financial software package, to input transactional data and
carry out reconciliations and housekeeping as required.
You will provide support, training and guidance to colleagues on our Financial systems,
policies and procedures.
You will liaise with district colleagues, customers, suppliers and national office colleagues,
ensuring a high level of customer service at all times.
You will provide other administration and financial support as required, to include: processing
cash account, reconciling transaction reports, journals and transfers, accruals and
pre-payments, general administration and reception cover.
The role may involve occasional travel within the district, potentially with overnight stays to
- Relevant experience working within a Financial Setting.
- Experience of processing financial transactions, to include Sales & Purchase Ledger.
- Experience in the use of a Financial software package.
- Proven ability to follow Financial Policy & Procedures.
- Proven ability to work with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Competent IT user with experience of MS Office suite of applications.
- Experience of supporting colleagues within a team environment.
- At least part qualified with a recognised IFAC (International Federation of Accounts)
member organisation (eg. AAT, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAW).
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Making Effective Decisions
- Delivering at Pace
At Forestry England we want everyone to make their best contribution. We support each other to
work to our values and to be healthy, motivated, engaged experts. We are a diverse workforce
representing the people we serve. Our wide range of staff benefits helps us to achieve this:
- A great environment with flexible working options and a range of family friendly benefits.
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing with service, plus additional ‘privilege’ days
- Civil Service pension.
- A range of wellbeing benefits, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme 24/7.
- A culture which promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Free parking at Forestry England sites and free entry to our National Arboretums.
This is a fantastic learning opportunity, working with skilled and experienced colleagues
across the organisation. Forestry England is committed to lifelong learning, and we will
support your career development in a variety of ways, including:
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- Continual Professional Development: support for individual learning plans and sponsored
membership of professional bodies.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.